Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Archasimos

Old August 28th, 2016, 11:31 AM
I am definitely interested in a feature that would allow me to dole out limited or specific content for my players to manage. Being that Realms Works is designed to help manage a campaign, allowing players to enter in data from their end, without having to sit down at the GM's computer, would be a MAJOR time saver. Even if they could only edit their own characters this would be a big time saver, though I'd like it if they could edit and or add NPCs that are closely tied to their character. As GM this would save time that I could then use to work on more important game content.

Regarding the concurrent updates issues, I recommend the developers check out Microsoft OneNote. I'm using Realm Works for my game, but for the last 6 years I've used OneNote to enter and house all the information for an entire RPG setting that myself and a partner have been writing for the last 15 years. With OneNote we can both be editing even the same parts of the file at the same time. There are rare syncing issues, when we are both trying to edit the exact same content at the exact same time, but it has a feature that lets you sort that out and decide which changes to keep.

Note that I'm not trying to sell the idea of OneNote over Realm Works. OneNote is great for creating an RPG setting, but not for managing a campaign like Realm Works, especially if you want to be able to reveal only specific information to players.

I am using OneNote 2013 in case it's something any of the developers would like to research.
Archasimos is offline   #12 Reply With Quote