Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 14th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfx View Post
Sorry, that was my fault for not being clearer. Regular HL updates are there and can be downloaded. Only the community pack doesn't show up on the list (after entering the URL and restarting)
No problem. Just to ask another stupid question you are rolling all the way to the bottom to find the Community stuff? LW put all user created content all the way at the bottom and not in alphabetical order.

Also BoomerET has a valid point to verify you are using the URL posted in the first POST of this thread?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #611 Reply With Quote
Wolfx

Old June 14th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
No problem. Just to ask another stupid question you are rolling all the way to the bottom to find the Community stuff? LW put all user created content all the way at the bottom and not in alphabetical order.

Also BoomerET has a valid point to verify you are using the URL posted in the first POST of this thread?
I thought I looked all the way to the bottom, but I will double check that when I get home.

I'm not at my laptop now but I did use the URL from the first post. I will double check that as well once I get home
Wolfx is offline   #612 Reply With Quote
Wolfx

Old June 20th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Sorry for taking so long to respond. I was at the bottom but I thought it would be highlighted with a "!" and it wasn't lol

Thanks for all your help and patience
Wolfx is offline   #613 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 22nd, 2018, 08:41 AM
Hello,

We have identified a BUG/Functionality gap for the Magic Initiate Feat. The impacted Source File it applies to is 5e Players Handbook

When using the Magic Initiate Feat to gain access to the Find Familiar Spell does not create the Button used to create the Familiar as it normally does with the Wizard Spell Tab.

Add Feat > Magic Initiate > Choose Wizard Class

I imagine there may be other spells which create sub-menus to add cohorts to the portfolio as well, but this is the first report I could find in search history on the topic when this spell is normally added for a Wizard.

This has also been reported to the Github form.

--
Ryan Furnas
Lone Wolf Development Support - support@wolflair.com
http://www.wolflair.com
Ryan F is offline   #614 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old June 25th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Ryan,

I believe this bug may also happen when a Pact of the Tome Warlock acquires the Find Familiar spell through the Book of Ancient Secrets Invocation. I had to manually add a familiar via adjustment. Not a big deal, and I didn't have a chance to check if those features are added by the community pack, but it does sound familiar (pardon the pun).

Thanks!

Last edited by Fenris447; June 26th, 2018 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Correcting myself
Fenris447 is offline   #615 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old June 25th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Ryan,

I believe this bug may also happen when a Pact of the Tome Warlock acquires the Find Familiar spell through their Book of Shadows.
I think I have some scripting that would fix the non-LW feats (Magic Initiate & Ritual Caster) for anything that has a character class. The Book of Shadows only allows cantrips when picked, so Find Familiar shouldn't be on the list of spells unless you also chose the Eldritch Invocation: Book of Ancient Secrets (cWlkBoAnSe). LW maintains that code.

The scripting I'm testing for the community pack feats could be added to the Book of Ancient Secrets but we'd have to preclude or offer the modified Book of Ancient Secrets over the LW code, which isn't optimal. The community ticket for the other feats is here if you want to see the code notes.
dungeonguru is offline   #616 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old June 26th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
The Book of Shadows only allows cantrips when picked, so Find Familiar shouldn't be on the list of spells unless you also chose the Eldritch Invocation: Book of Ancient Secrets (cWlkBoAnSe). LW maintains that code.
Apologies; Book of Ancient Secrets is what I meant to say. I have Find Familiar thanks to that, and was not able to automatically see the selection to add a familiar.
Fenris447 is offline   #617 Reply With Quote
LiamChgo

Old July 10th, 2018, 11:09 AM
I got a message when I opened Hero Lab on my iPad this morning that there was an update. The update is for D&D 5th Edition SRD for iPad v2.7.
Yet when I try to install the update, I get an error message that "The file could not be imported because: Newer version of Hero Lab required! Make sure you're using the latest version of the product."

Yet when I check the App Store, there are no newer versions available of Hero Lab.

Was the SRD update sent out before v8.6 of the software? I have v8.5.1 (#773) currently on my iPad.

Or am I supposed to delete Hero Lab from my tablet, then download it from scratch? Because software updates have never been done that way before, but there's always a first time.
LiamChgo is offline   #618 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 10th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamChgo View Post
I got a message when I opened Hero Lab on my iPad this morning that there was an update. The update is for D&D 5th Edition SRD for iPad v2.7.
Was the SRD update sent out before v8.6 of the software? I have v8.5.1 (#773) currently on my iPad.
SRD questions should go to the LW support e-mail or cross post to the Hero Lab discussion forum. This thread is for the community files mainly.

If I had to hazard a guess, you need to download an updated version of the iPad Hero Lab - the new PC version is 8.6a - I don't have an iPad so I'm going to guess the patch isn't deployed yet if you don't see it. The new 5th edition SRD files from Lone Wolf require a client update. The community files seem unaffected after you update to 8.6a and get the new SRD files.
dungeonguru is offline   #619 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 10th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
I don't have an iPad so I'm going to guess the patch isn't deployed yet if you don't see it.
Correct it takes time for apple to review the updates to apps and this one is coming "soon".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #620 Reply With Quote