Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dalhyp

Send a message via Skype™ to Dalhyp

Old August 26th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Spell checker! Spell checker! Spell checker!!
Dalhyp is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old July 24th, 2015, 12:01 PM
No votes for this since last August?

Deffo +1 from me.

I speel gud.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 24th, 2015, 06:19 PM
l33t sp3lz0r!
Aaron is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old July 24th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Eh...maybe if it is really easy to implement, but only after CM, calendars, printing, export, journals, ...

Lukely, I neber make spelling mistaks.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Old July 25th, 2015, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
CM, calendars, printing, export, journals, ...
Is that your preferential order for updates?

I think mine would be export to PDF, spell checker (though I'm finding someone's suggestion of TinySpell to be helpful), journals, calendars then printing. Export to PDF first, because you can print a PDF, at least usually you can. Calendars comes so low down the list for me because both my games use a standard calendar.

--
Lexin

Lexin is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 25th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexin View Post

I think mine would be export to PDF, spell checker (though I'm finding someone's suggestion of TinySpell to be helpful),
You're welcome

Quote:
journals, calendars then printing. Export to PDF first, because you can print a PDF, at least usually you can. Calendars comes so low down the list for me because both my games use a standard calendar.
I wonder if calendars would be so far down your list if you didn't have one that worked for you...... That is where the rest of us are....

IMO Spell Check is so far down the list, it doesn't make a list, except perhaps "things to do" when we have core things done. For spell check to be truly useful would require the ability to custom set "unknown or unusual words" and potential alternate languages, just to name a few obstacles.

If I can get something outside of realm works to do what I want in the interim I'll make do with it (have for years with the calendar). But if there are feature(s) that cannot be easily executed outside of RW, then it is those elements that are paramount to the core worth of RW as a game management tool. It doesn't mean I would not utilize other features, it is simply being realistic with LoneWolf's resources. Even though I have a workaround for time tracking (within a separate calendar) not having it in RW makes the RW tool far less useable than it should be.

I don't really need the export of PDF, but can see how others might. Some sort of mass export/import of the data (that I took Numerous hours inputting) if I desired to would seem reasonable and would make large scale corrections or modifications much more manageable than to have RW do it internally..

From my game management perspective, Journals are not high, however to my players they would be very useful since owning the Player version is near worthless without that ability to separate by each character's perspective knowledge.

MY two CP
DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Old July 25th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I wonder if calendars would be so far down your list if you didn't have one that worked for you...... That is where the rest of us are...
Oh, definitely not. If I were still running the campaign I used to have in the late 1980s which had a non-standard calendar, I'd be jumping up and down to get the calendaring options sorted out.

That thing drove me loopy on a regular basis, which is why (well, one of the reasons) I don't have one in campaigns I run currently.

--
Lexin

Lexin is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old July 25th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Well, that was just a set up for my incredibly original joke. :-)

It was also a tongue-in-cheek reference to the reoccurring and often heated thread-battles over development priorities (despite the fact that RW clearly stated their priorities and the methodology used to rank those priorities).

As to what my personal priorities are...

calendars

Given the fact that nothing is going to happen before the content market is released, because that is where RW's bread, butter, and bacon are going to come from, I'll compromise with:

1. Content Market. 2. Calendars.

I also know, however, that calendars is much further down the actually development road map and relegated to "sometime soon, hopefully by end of 2015 but we won't promise." I'm probably misstating that liberal paraphrase, and I'm sure someone will call me out on it, but I've found it better for my sanity to put it in the "long time from now bucket". At least I've become sincerely enthusiastic about the content market and web version. So I have something to look forward to in the "coming soon" bucket.

I've made my peace with the current state of custom calendars, but once support for custom calendars IS added to RW, I will love the program to a level that borders on inappropriate.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Old July 26th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Well, that was just a set up for my incredibly original joke. :-)
That, too. I speel gud.

Quote:
It was also a tongue-in-cheek reference to the reoccurring and often heated thread-battles over development priorities (despite the fact that RW clearly stated their priorities and the methodology used to rank those priorities).
I gather they read the forum; I don't necessarily expect them to take that much notice of what we say, because they have priorities as a company that we wouldn't know about, and I realise the bottom line has to come first.

Quote:
At least I've become sincerely enthusiastic about the content market and web version. So I have something to look forward to in the "coming soon" bucket.
I'd forgotten about the web version. I promote that to my #1 priority.

It would make games so much easier and more fun to have the players have access to an interactive version they can use during play independent of me putting things on a screen, and which works on any laptop or tablet they happen to have.

I have not succeeded in making an iPad into a second screen - I suspect it's not possible with my current computers with the limitations that the iPad apps which are supposed to do this have. (None of the apps work if your computer has something called 'dual graphics switching'. Whatever this is, both my computers have it. )

I do have one player who's going to be a hard sell on anything which expects him to use a screen or tablet - he works in IT and complains he already spends far too much of his time looking into a computer screen, so the web version does need to be well shiny. He was impressed, though, with the way that RW allowed me to show a map on screen and reveal it slowly so there is hope.

--
Lexin

Lexin is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 26th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Spell checker is probably lower on the priority list because you can just copy/paste fom a word processor into realm works... Which I do fairly regularly.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #40 Reply With Quote