Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sppeterson

Old March 25th, 2007, 10:51 PM
When I'm using the Hero Lab editor, every so often there's a kind of flicker -- as if the Hero Lab base program were refreshing its screen, then the base screen is sent to the top of the window pile, hiding the editor screen.

This happens pretty regularly and can get rather annoying if I'm in the middle of typing something in.
sppeterson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2007, 11:12 PM
At 11:51 PM 3/25/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
When I'm using the Hero Lab editor, every so often there's a kind of flicker -- as if the Hero Lab base program were refreshing its screen, then the base screen is sent to the top of the window pile, hiding the editor screen.

This happens pretty regularly and can get rather annoying if I'm in the middle of typing something in.
We've noticed it and will be trying to figure out how to fix it now that we're back from the show. It happens whenever any sort of "tool-tip" or "mouse-over" text is displayed by the editor. When that occurs, the main window flashes to the front. Colen and I never noticed it, because we have big monitors and always keep the editor separate so that it does not overlap the main window - that way, everything is always visible. When that's the case, the flash behavior isn't evident.

So keeping the editor from overlapping the main window is the best solution - if you have the screen real estate. If not, the best solution is to minimize the main window when you switch to the editor. That eliminates the problem as well. Yes, it's a minor nuisance, but it may be a preferable one to the windows being potentially swapped on you. :-)

We'll get this fixed as soon as we figure it out. The above are intended only as work-arounds in the interim....
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote