Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

glandis

Old September 20th, 2013, 09:24 PM
So I'm trying to add something like the Aasimar Scion of Humanity alternate racial trait to another outsider(native) race. In the script for Scion of humanity I see:
perform hero.assign[HasAbility.raAasSciHu]
Any idea where I can find raAasSciHu? I'm not seeing it anywhere ...
glandis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
glandis

Old September 20th, 2013, 10:34 PM
OK, raAasSciHu IS the alternate racial trait, so the script is just referencing itself? Clearly, there's something I'm not understanding, as Scion of Humanity not only adds Human as a creature type (which I see happening in the script), it also removes the Celestial language (which I don't see happening anywhere). Time to look at the aasimar race itself, maybe?

EDIT: Yep, that's it. There are bootstraps on the aasimar race to do the work needed for this alternate racial trait. Which means I have to edit each additional race I want this for rather than just make new traits - that's not ideal, but with "Replaces Thing Id" at least I don't have to also edit/create all the other features of the race. Unless I wanted BOTH versions of the race available ... not sure how I'd do that without the "edit/create all the other features" step.

Last edited by glandis; September 20th, 2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Add info w/o another post
glandis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
So you're good to go then? No further questions?
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
glandis

Old September 24th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
So you're good to go then? No further questions?
Thanks for asking - I figured out my immediate problem as described, hopefully someone else will run into it and find this solution.

In general, is there a way to modify a (e.g.) race and have it inherit all the things that the unmodified race had, WITHOUT replacing the unmodified race or copying/recreating all the alternate traits/etc.? I can see situations where that would be nice ....
glandis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 24th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Unfortunately not at the moment.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 24th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glandis View Post
In general, is there a way to modify a (e.g.) race and have it inherit all the things that the unmodified race had, WITHOUT replacing the unmodified race or copying/recreating all the alternate traits/etc.? I can see situations where that would be nice ....
In simple terms yes. On the new race add the below script and change the rCatfolk part of the tag to the ID of the race you want to act like. It has to run at First/100.

In this case I have a custom "Catfolk" race that is able to use all the "Catfolk" ART selections WITHOUT doing a "Replace Thing ID". This allows me to have my houserules package run with players that have the "Advanced Race Guide" and without.

First/100
Code:
~ set that we are the ARG Catfolk
perform hero.assignstr["Race.rCatfolk"]
perform hero.assignstr["IsRace.rCatfolk"]
perform hero.assignstr["RaceEquip.rCatfolk"]
perform hero.assignstr["Subtype.stCatfolk"]
perform hero.assignstr["wGroup.rCatfolk"]
Now the real fun to have the ART's work on your custom race you have to do some tricks with the Racial Specials. Assuming you made custom Racial Specials you have to trick HL into acting like your the core version. So you have to assign the tag "RaReplace.XXXXXX" where XXXXX is the Unique ID of the CORE ability.

So in example my Catfolk have a racial special called "Sprinter" with the Unique ID of "raS2Sprint" but I added the tag "RaReplace.raCatSprin" which is the official Cat Sprint ability and gets replaced with the "Nimble Faller" ART.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
glandis

Old September 25th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Thanks, ShadowC - that does look easier than a full copy/recreate/link under new name(s). Still a bit tricky, I'd imagine, but - doable.

EDIT: By the way, that large splurshing sound you hear? Tens of thousands of OO-purists doing spit-takes upon reading the last few posts ;-)

Last edited by glandis; September 25th, 2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Add possibly-humorous comment
glandis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote