Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

awwwdudeman

Old December 16th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrogers3 View Post
Add to that request +1
Aww this is killing me waiting it's like xmas morning every time i cheak on the form it's going to be awesome. Really cant wait
awwwdudeman is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
We'll make an announcement on our web page / facebook pages / twitter when we have something concrete to show on the iPad, but that won't be for a while yet. Sorry!
Colen is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
awwwdudeman

Old December 16th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
We'll make an announcement on our web page / facebook pages / twitter when we have something concrete to show on the iPad, but that won't be for a while yet. Sorry!
Awww man what about the mac a/b any closer to giving ur mac nuts a bootcamp free a/b yet
awwwdudeman is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Panthros

Old December 22nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
I am surprised Lone Wolf has not reconsidered this as I have to believe you would make more money on a iPhone/iPad application than you currently make on the Windows version. Many apps have the ability to upload data files like Frotz for iPad, a Z-Machine interpreter.

$19.99 is fine for me. I just want it now PLEASE! If you cannot afford to develop it, raise the funds and anyone who pays early gets a discount or something.

http://www.kickstarter.com/

I have to believe there are at least a few thousand people who would buy it. Especially now that you can print from the iPad, this would be awesome.
Panthros is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
in8sworld

Old December 25th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Just to be clear - I am not a fan of the iPad (a device I believe to be crippled by design) but would be happy to run Army Builder on my Mac directly instead of in a virtual Windows machine. Keep in mind that an iPad app won't run on my Mac, and visa versa. However, I definitely see the benefit of being able to run AB on something more portable - problem is, there are so many portable devices. I'd be more interested in an Android app than an iPad myself, but seeing that AB can create a nice html output of the army list for those portables anyway is there really a need for a full blown app? It must be really hard for small software outfits like Wolflair to decide which of these platforms to develop for and which are a waste of time. Especially given that the available platforms seem to be changing so quickly - for example: there is a slew of android based tablets slated to come out in 2011.

http://www.in8sworld.net/photos/games
in8sworld is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Rixnor

Old December 25th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Ok writing from my new iPad. A new A/B app is my last barrier to throwing away my net book. Desperately waiting and willing to spend some money.

Rix
Rixnor is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 26th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Building Mac and iPad versions of Army Builder (and Hero Lab) is definitely something we want to do. However, we're a tiny company, so we don't have a team of engineers to assign to the project and make it happen - there are only a few of us, and we each have to divide our attention among Lone Wolf's different products.

We do currently have a mac version of Army Builder under development, and we hope to follow that at some point with a version for the iPad. However, it's not a simple project, and we don't have a good estimate for when it'll be ready. Rest assured, when we have anything to announce, we will post on our web site and facebook pages about it. Until then, that's all the information I can give you.
Colen is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Caradryan

Old December 27th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I used pc and windows last 15 years. I'm going to buy a new mac due to lot of things. I think everything is moving to mac systems. My advice is you have to consider seriously the developing of mac version and app version (the tech market of the next 5-10 years) of AB.
Caradryan is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Panthros

Old December 27th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Great to hear you are working on a Mac version. Great time to be a Mac developer with the Mac App Store launching after the first of the year. It would be my first purchase lol!
Panthros is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old December 27th, 2010, 01:20 PM
While I think it would be awesome to have AB on my iPad or Mac I doubt highly that everythign is going to be moving to mac systems. Until you can get a mac for under $400 mac will never take over or come close to taking over the pc market. Mac's are handy I will give them that but I still prefer my PC over my Mac.
gilvagor is offline   #60 Reply With Quote