Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Redjack

Old February 8th, 2018, 05:30 PM
I noticed that the UA Ranger, under Companion's Bond, says "Whenever you gain the Ability Score Improvement class feature, your companion’s abilities also improve. Your companion can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or it can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1."

I noticed that in the Community Files, this does not work. I fiddled around and I see where I can read the level of the ranger to the companion, but I can't figure out how to give the companion ability score improvements...?

RW Projects: Shadowrun, Earthdawn, 3x D&D5
Games: D&D5, SR5, Baker Street, Numenera, Alternity, Dresden Files, Earthdawn
Redjack is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old February 8th, 2018, 07:28 PM
The ability score improvement/feats are baked into class logic, and your animal/minion generally doesn't get a class. The mechanism classes use is the cAttrArray which I suspect doesn't exist for a race (haven't tried it out).

The only way I could think of doing this indirectly would be to maybe to create and bootstrap abilities on your Beastmaster at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th that prompt you for which score/scores you want to modify by +1 or +2. You then would have scripts that see what you select and then you use minion/master logic to assign attribute bonuses and such.

Things like:
minion.childfound[aSTR].field[aStartMod].value += 2
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Redjack

Old February 9th, 2018, 01:15 AM
Great out of the box thinking. Thanks!
I'll give that a try tonight.

RW Projects: Shadowrun, Earthdawn, 3x D&D5
Games: D&D5, SR5, Baker Street, Numenera, Alternity, Dresden Files, Earthdawn
Redjack is offline   #3 Reply With Quote