Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

sebacore

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:20 PM
There seems to be a trend with lots of gamers going back to 1st Edition D&D, or Labyrinth Lords. Are their any prebuilt rule sets out there? Is this even a project people are interested in?
sebacore is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 16th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I havent heard of anyone taking on this project. It should be easy though, there were no feats back then to modify things.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old August 27th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I would LOVE a 1st edition rules set, but I have no idea how to get started.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old August 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Yea I have no clue how to even begin. I've read through the guide but just cannot make sense of it. I would love to just be able tiger the basics of labryinth lord going.
sebacore is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old August 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM
A BECMI D&D data set would be great too. Create immortals, easily.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 28th, 2011, 04:16 PM
If I was not working (or paid to do so) I could get to this as I have all the old books and I am sure that I would like my own version of Old D&D and 1st Edition D&D rules in a character builder.

While I am finding it struggling I am getting through d6 (spent about 20 hrs on it so far), and when that is complete enough to run with, I am moving on to do Babylon 5 2nd Ed and Legend of the Five Rings 4th Ed.

I expect to complete it enough to run in about another 40 hrs, and then spend the same time (60 hrs) cleaning up the text and presentation.

But for a starting point I would look at the Savage World examples in the Authoring Kit documentation. This is what I have used to get as far as I have and it is a good reference.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old August 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I havent heard of anyone taking on this project. It should be easy though, there were no feats back then to modify things.
No, but there was multi-classing, dual classing, race/class restrictions and level limits (that could be altered by your stats or even by whether it was an NPC or a PC), Weapon and non-weapon proficiencies, the wonky mastery rules, and, at least in OA, piecemeal armor. Also there were thief skills and such.

No feats, but lots of other things made it complicated.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
weaverjk

Old January 8th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Long-dead thread, but I wanted to voice my desire for datasets for BECMI, AD&D 1st Edition, and AD&D 2nd Edition. I would also appreciate an AD&D 2e Options (with all the Option books included).

Very new to Realmworks. Wondering if there's fan content available for these systems or if I have to start from sratch. Thank you for your input.
weaverjk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 9th, 2018, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverjk View Post
Long-dead thread, but I wanted to voice my desire for datasets for BECMI, AD&D 1st Edition, and AD&D 2nd Edition. I would also appreciate an AD&D 2e Options (with all the Option books included).
RavenX has been working on AD&D 2nd Ed., but I don't think he's got very far recently.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 18th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
RavenX has been working on AD&D 2nd Ed., but I don't think he's got very far recently.
Update on the "Old School" data...

At this point, I'm going to say don't expect or wait on me to get it done. While I did get it pretty far along, I still have a lot of things to do on it and I am not planning on sharing it with the community once its finished. While it is true that the system is a "dead" system, Hasbro still sells pdf files for it, which means its not 100% dead. I don't have an official license for that data, nor do I have permission from the publisher, so I am not planning to release it. It will be "for personal use" only at this point. Same deal with my Deathwatch 40K rpg file project.

In the V20 book, White Wolf/Onyx Path has explicitly stated they do not care what software the Storyteller uses to build or print character sheets from. I have taken that as explicit permission from the publisher to work on Hero Lab data for V20.

V20 page 83: "As the Storyteller, start by printing a few character sheets, copying them from the back of the book, or use your own digital character-creation method like a wiki."

I am taking this as explicit permission to create a V20 Hero Lab file as it counts as a "digital character-creation method". I also have talked to Eddy Webb on a few occasions and don't feel I have anything to be concerned about as far this data work is concerned. Digital character-creation method most certainly includes Hero Lab as it is digital software.

Edit: To be very clear here, my "Creating" a data file does not mean I intend to distribute the file to the community. As it sits I cannot give away my work without permission from the publishers so I won't be distributing the data files I do work on unless the parent company gives me permission. This applies to all datafiles I have created.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; March 20th, 2018 at 03:29 PM.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote