Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

marroon69

Old January 13th, 2018, 07:19 AM
So looking at how this works it seems pretty straightforward. But when I chose one of them it does not seem to work correctly? If my attribute is set to 12 and I select it I do not see 12+2...it stays at 12. If I remove the edge it drops it to 8?

I am using the official deadlands files so wondering if something needs to add to support the 12+2 or if there was a change to how it works?
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 13th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Doing a little more testing it appears that base Savage Worlds will not go beyond 12 but the SPC will...I wonder if they change how it works when they added the SPC?
marroon69 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 13th, 2018, 02:35 PM
That's the Savage Worlds rules.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 13th, 2018, 07:40 PM
CC: the header for this thread is, I assume, referring specifically to the Harrowed Edge "Supernatural Attribute" on p. 132, which does allow for it to "immediately improves any one attribute two die types (a d12 becomes a d12+2, and so on)" which explicitly overrides the earlier rule in the book maximizing Attributes at d12 (although there are also 2 Edges in core SWD which break the d12 max rule as well).

maroon69: I can say for certain that the current official Deadlands ruleset has... issues with dealing with Harrowed. I'm not positive how dartnet handles them in his file, but I know that mine (the current version I have is missing Stone and a Hard Place, though, although if someone out there happens to have the last version of it that still had that in there would you please send it to me?) handles Harrowed a lot better and they are set up exactly the same way they are in the Deadlands Noir and Hell on Earth files. Which I'd have to check, but I THINK they handle Supernatural Attribute correctly.

In any case CC definitely has updating Deadlands on his plate so these are things that might be worth pointing out to him, but they could already be things have been fixed in the file he's working on since I know what he has should have some pretty extensive fixes in it already.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; January 13th, 2018 at 07:43 PM.
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 14th, 2018, 04:47 AM
IT seems to be handled differently....actually I like the adding of the hindrance, "Harrowed" as opposed to a different source to activate. But it still has the same issue that it will not go over 12, to 12+2 and it brings to the attribute to 8 once it is removed. It looks like they messed with the attributes in SPC and the files need to update for the changes made. It is sort of hard since that source is not available...

I reached out to CapedCrusader already, I guess I will log it as bugs in the bug thread
marroon69 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old January 14th, 2018, 05:47 AM
It's been a long time since I used or updated DLN and HoE. JBearWillis came up with the idea of using the Faction mechanic to handle doing Harrowed rather than setting a separate source for them. In any case I thought Supernatural Attribute was working right when I had made and was using those files back in the day, but you're probably right that it may actually be something in the core files that might be preventing it from working right. I'll try to take a look at those files later to see if I can figure out anything I can do on the data file side of it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 14th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Thanks I have been looking at it but I am still learning what is going on. The other thing I noticed was the Dominion trait no longer appeared on the UI. I thinking it may have something to do the this line

<containerreq phase="Initialize" priority="10000">hero#Faction.facHEHarro</containerreq>

But I am still trying to figure it out. I started updating the deadlands files to use the same process of a hindrance for "harrowed" and it seems to all work except Dominion is not showing up there.

One more question, I was wondering if any ever looked a kicking it off form the "Permanente Adjustments" menus? seems like that makes the most sense but still trying to figure out how to do that.
marroon69 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 14th, 2018, 12:45 PM
So looking at this a little bit more at why "Dominion" does not show, it seems to be an issue with the Faction? Not really sure what the issue is but if I change it something like

<containerreq phase="Initialize" priority="10000"><![CDATA[
hero#Arcane.ChiMastery]]></containerreq>

it works fine. If I choose the edge "Arcane Background(Chi Mastery)" it appears and does what it is supposed to.

I then tried to tie to the Hindrance we have and failed miserably. First by addng the Hindrance in there directly and then I created a group and assigned a tag but it never saw it. Basically followed the Arcane.ChiMastery examples. But to no avail....I started to look at the timing sheet but not really sure....I will keep looking but any help would be appreciated
marroon69 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old January 14th, 2018, 02:00 PM
LOL. I think some changes had been done to the core rules since we did the harrowed back in the day. I do believe the D12+ did work a long time ago, but with a lot of new stuff that Cape had done might of change some stuff we did to make things work, LOL, We sure did a lot of things back in the day, zarlor (Lenny) to make things work for us. Cape, Has done so much updating since then to improve the program that what we needed to do back then, isn't needed or has changed how it needs to work now. LOL, Just my thoughts, LOL, we were pioneers back then, LOL
jbearwillis is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 14th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Well, thanks to Marroon69 for bringing this to light. I will definitely be looking at Harrowed harder now.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote