Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Urp

Old June 26th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Is anyone here looking at doing a Storm of Magic update when it's released? Or would that be another file entirely? Just wanted to ask, thanks!
Urp is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old June 28th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Just pre-ordered book, so no worries guys - I will get round to it!

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old June 29th, 2011, 12:01 AM
How hard will it be to add the fifth "Monsters and Magic" category in excess of the nominal points value?

Because that seems like the sticking point to me.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old July 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Well, the post finally came at 5PM with my SoM book. I shall digest it tonight, and then see what plan I can work out.....

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Urp

Old July 11th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I don't know if anyone has told you lately UltraPrime, but you are the best!
Urp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old July 11th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I've not made any decisions yet, but wanted to throw this idea out for opinions.

Because anything you choose for a SoM game has no bearing whatsoever on your 'initial' army (ie, you have a 2,000 point game - you work out the 2,000pts as normal, then decide what you will spend your 500pt SoM allowance on) I was thinking of doing the SoM rules as a completely seperate file to the main WFB file.

This would have it's good and bad points. The bad point would be having two distinct lists, which means you couldn't drag units around to list magic items with characters who you intend to use them with.

The good points far outweigh this. Obviously, the way the points are allocated will be a nightmare to integrate into the main file. Plus I would have to edit every single file!

I'm still reading the book, so inspiration may hit me with a better way.

One last point, and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with this yet. Summoning units - as you can choose pretty much any unit, and don't have to make the decision until you actually cast it, I'm not sure how to include stats for these. Any suggestions welcome!

UltraPrime is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 12th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Summoned things...I really wouldn't bother.
People know what they have in their collections and the AB files can easily create and print out listings for a single unit if necessary, without modification.
Unless there's a way of automating that somehow?

Or maybe create a new point category "summoned 75pts" with the usual restrictions deleted, maybe as part of the SoM files.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old July 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Slight change of plan. I'm adding 'Storm of Magic' as a race to the files. This seemed easiest option. You will still need to create your main army, then your extra allowance.

I'm undecided at present whether I will add the new spells to this file, or tag them onto each individual race.

My first job is to get the Mythical Artefacts and Bound Monsters done. Once that is in place, I'll think how I'm going to handle Pacts.

UltraPrime is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old July 13th, 2011, 06:33 PM
How can you force Storm of Magic as a 'race' to be +25% of another's total? Or can't you?

Can you make it so that it's an 'ally' like Dogs of War or something? or make it affect the roster points total that way?
Arijharn is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old July 13th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijharn View Post
How can you force Storm of Magic as a 'race' to be +25% of another's total? Or can't you?

Can you make it so that it's an 'ally' like Dogs of War or something? or make it affect the roster points total that way?
You can't, that's the point. You must create your extra 25% completely seperately. I can see no way of letting AB give you an extra 25% without it affecting the composition.

UltraPrime is offline   #10 Reply With Quote