Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Razeluxe

Old March 28th, 2018, 02:58 AM
Hey all! I'm super confused about the stuff I'm reading and I just wanted to get some clarification on a few things. Some friends of mine are thinking about starting up a Starfinder game, but were confused to see that we could not make Starfinder classes in Herolab. But there I saw this HeroLab Online thing and that you can make SF characters on there, but not on the HeroLab I already paid for. So my question is, is there a way to buy the Starfinder core rulebook for character creation on HeroLab, or do I have to use this new thing now. Thanks for the help!
Razeluxe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 28th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Hero Lab that you use on your desktop or iPad is now called Hero Lab Classic. The new 100% web based Hero Lab server is called Hero Lab Online. These are shortened to HLC and HLO.

You can NOT buy Starfinder for HLC at this time. At this time LW is moving to a more modern setup and Starfinder is only for HLO. This requires not only a one time purchase but a very small monthly fee you pay in 6 month or 1 year installments.

The great part is since its web based you can access your characters and software from anywhere that has a internet connection. Future enhancements are going to allow for the starship to be a shared resource all players/DMs can access.

My group has been using it for a few months now and overall really liking it. It is really nice to access to HL characters with full In-Play support from any device now!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote