Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old May 16th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Hi all -
The Scizore from Adventurer's Armory is this...
Also known as a Taldan scissor, the scizore is a hardened tube that fits your forearm, ending with a semicircular blade at the end. The scizore gives a +1 shield bonus to AC, but if you attack with the blade, you lose the AC bonus that round and take a -1 penalty on attack rolls with the scizore. While wearing a scizore, you cannot use that hand for anything else. Donning the scizore is a full-round action.

I am unsure of how to get the weapon aspect a +1 AC aspect. Do I need to make a second armor item with basically the same information, but just as a piece of armor as well?

Thanks
Theocrat Issak

This is just so that I can add a few things to use HL for character creation, and less about creating the Adventurer's Armory in HL.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 16th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Adding a new item to give you the shield bonus would be the easiest way to go. Plus you can unequipped it for when you used the weapon to attack and would lose the bonus.

Otherwise you will need to do scripts and maybe a Bootstrapped ability that will allow you to mark when you attacked with the weapon to apply a -1 to hit and remove the shield bonus.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2010, 09:50 AM
This weapon is very similar to the Klar from the Rise of the Runelords player's guide, so you should be able to make a copy of that, in order to get a weapon that is also a shield. I'm afraid it's a little bit complicated - there are two versions of the Klar weapon, one to be used when making magic items and one to be used for non-magical weapons, so you'll have to copy both. There's also a version on the armor tab for the shield stats, so copy that, too. Then, once you've tested the armor, you can change the bootstraps on the weapons so that they bootstrap the Scizore shield stats instead of the Klar shield stats.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Old May 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks for your help.
On the bootstrap, I can't choose thing Scizore (Armor) as the Klar (Armor) is for the Klar. Thus for the time being, I've kept it as a choose mPFKlar.
When I did change the choose to Scizore, I ended up getting an error of Thing not Specified (or something like that).
How is it that I would get it to the proper item with the Scizore (Armor)?

Theocrat Issak
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 19th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
When I did change the choose to Scizore, I ended up getting an error of Thing not Specified (or something like that).
How is it that I would get it to the proper item with the Scizore (Armor)?
After you created your "Scizore (Armor)" Thing did you press "Test Now!"? You need to do that first to compile the armor Thing and place it as available for use in other Things. Or at least that is what it sounds like is happening.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Old May 19th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I can't get to the scizore (armor) option.
Choose Source thing drop down - show armor - doesn't show Scizore as an option.
However, changing the drop down to weapon - I can choose Scizore (weapon).
I did modify it from thing Klar Armor to Scizore Weapon and hit test and it works. I think it needs to be like the armor, because it's supposed to provide 1 point of AC.

Yes, I've done the test aftwards - and I can use it in HL, I'm just certain it's wrong (since it says Thing Klar (armor) for now.

Theocrat Issak
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com

Last edited by Theocrat; May 19th, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
Theocrat is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Old May 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Ahhh...I go to get a weapon Scizore and HL crashes. That's when it was under the Thing Weapon Scizore. Now that I've changed it back to Thing Armor Klar, I can use it again as a weapon.
When marking it as a Thing Armor Klar - I go to the armor tab on my character and it says Klar. Which is OK for now (since I can just edit it on my character sheet), but would like to make sure it's really correct instead of just somewhat correct.

Theocrat Issak
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Crash bugs are very bad - and at this point it's probably best if you email me the file with the Scizore - I'll figure out what's going wrong.

My email is my user name here, @wolflair.com.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote