Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rclarke250

Old April 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
I created a halfling cavalier,and chose the wolf as his mount. But when I use the dashboard to select my character after creating the mount. I get a validation error. wolf: only basic races are allowed for pathfinder society play.

umm, what? it's a mount. It's not the character, it's treated as a Druid's animal companion. Is this a bug?

I also tried changing the wolf to Pony,and it does the same thing.
rclarke250 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dragonschld

Old May 17th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I'm having an issue with the cavalier mounts as well. I'm getting a validation error that says the mount can only be trained in one general purpose. This error comes up on a bone stock mount before I add any feats or tricks.
dragonschld is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonschld View Post
I'm having an issue with the cavalier mounts as well. I'm getting a validation error that says the mount can only be trained in one general purpose. This error comes up on a bone stock mount before I add any feats or tricks.
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this error. Which race did you pick for your mount? Do you have the "Don't Restrict Companion Race" or "SRD Animals" options selected for your hero - those can allow some non-standard mount choices that can have weird effects.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dragonschld

Old May 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM
It's a horse so I'm guessing it's not an issue with it being a non standard mount. I tried deleting and rebuilding the mount but it didn't seem to change anything. I'm almost ready to delete the entire portfolio, start from scratch and see what happens.
dragonschld is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 17th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I would like to get a copy of the user file when its finished. I am starting a new PF game and would like to try the Cavalier.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonschld View Post
It's a horse so I'm guessing it's not an issue with it being a non standard mount. I tried deleting and rebuilding the mount but it didn't seem to change anything. I'm almost ready to delete the entire portfolio, start from scratch and see what happens.
Before you do that, could you email me the portfolio, so I can try to figure out what's going wrong? My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks for emailing me the portfolio - I've figured out what was going wrong.

I was doing my testing on a 1st-level cavalier. The problem won't show up unless your cavalier is 4th level or higher. The horse animal companion gains combat riding when the master reaches 4th level druid. The cavalier grants combat riding from the beginning. Once both of those apply, it causes this bug.

This will be fixed in the next update, thanks for helping me find it.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dragonschld

Old May 18th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Glad I could help. This is the first issue I've ever had with any lone wolf software and I've been using both hero lab and army builder for a few years now. I'm a very satisfied customer.
dragonschld is offline   #9 Reply With Quote