Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Vanye111

Old April 16th, 2019, 05:08 AM
So, I logged into the store and looked at my content, and noticed that there is a Last Updated date. Now, none of it is updated since the store went live, but it did get me thinking - what happens if there IS an update to something we've already purchased? Say, it gets found that there is a corrupted section of data on the server side copy, and LWD updates it. How does Realm Works handle an update in that situation?
Vanye111 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 16th, 2019, 05:44 AM
You have to download and import it again to apply the updates.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 16th, 2019, 07:40 PM
So in the case of a Bestiary, where I've dragged each entry into my alphabetical listings (including the 3pp monsters I've added already), I'd basically have to do that again...

It seems that once you import data, you more or less want to either leave it alone (if you'll want to upload/overwrite the data with updates) or play around with it, but then keep the version you've already imported.
Ualaa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 17th, 2019, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
So in the case of a Bestiary, where I've dragged each entry into my alphabetical listings (including the 3pp monsters I've added already), I'd basically have to do that again...

It seems that once you import data, you more or less want to either leave it alone (if you'll want to upload/overwrite the data with updates) or play around with it, but then keep the version you've already imported.
Not really, its all tagged behind the scenes I suspect. Rob has stated that we can do what ever we want to the data and when it updates it will update the data no matter where it is, and this indeed works.

I have all PF Bestiaries imported to my realm Telon, I then proceeded to create a Bestiary of Telon topic with a nice A B C sub-topics, and moved all entries to the proper topic. I then went back and deleted all entries I did not need (like Orcs or Goblins as Telon has their own custom baddies, well in this case player race versions). Then suddenly there was an updated version, so based on Rob's post I downloaded and imported it.

Bingo is the namo! it worked, it did not muck up, and simply updated thje topics as they lay. So that really is a nice, we can manipulate the data and still import updates to ensure we have the best possible experience.

/tip-o-the hat on this, worked like a charm. My use of RW has been re-invigorated, both my long standing and latest bug have been resolved by working with David, so I am back in the RW saddle again.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 17th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Then suddenly there was an updated version, so based on Rob's post I downloaded and imported it.

Bingo is the namo! it worked, it did not muck up, and simply updated thje topics as they lay.
Did it reinstate the topics that you deleted?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 18th, 2019, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Did it reinstate the topics that you deleted?
Good question, and I went back after reading your question, and I did the delete after the new import.

So I am not sure, sorry for the confusion, I made alto of changes in a short period of time a well implementing David's solution so my long standing and sync issues, I got the order work. the deletions were last, right after the updated import.

I figured this out via all my backups, and their labels.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote