Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

evdjj3j

Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:49 PM
If they

Last edited by evdjj3j; September 22nd, 2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Could delete, no need to argue its pointless
evdjj3j is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 22nd, 2018, 04:10 PM
For the record, it typically takes us 6+ weeks to get all the content of a big, hardcover book into place for any given game system like Pathfinder or Starfinder - it's a LOT of work. After wrapping up the initial PF2 Playtest material, we were behind on both Pathfinder 1E and Starfinder (as I outlined upthread), and we began work on getting caught up just over a month ago.

We released a whole bunch of Pathfinder 1E stuff last week, encompassing at least a half-dozen books. Work on the Armory book is currently in progress, but it's not finished yet. My understanding is that it will be another week or two to completion. We're also working to keep up with all of the substantive PF2 Playtest changes in parallel with the PF1 and SF stuff. To say it's a juggle would be an understatement!

As @ShadowChemosh correctly pointed out above, we have a single team that handles all the data file creation across all game systems. They have their hands full right now and are doing an excellent job of getting things into place in an efficient manner.

We're working as hard as we can to get caught up, but it's going to take a bit of time to get there. Thank you for your continued patience!
rob is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
loki.the.mischievous

Old September 24th, 2018, 08:31 AM
Thanks, Rob.

Speaking solely for myself, my only angst with the Armory content not being out was not knowing even a preliminary timeline. Given what you've laid out above, and barring any urgent, priority work being requested by Paizo, the normal, safe presumption should be 4 - 6 weeks after print content release, if I am correct in my understanding.
  #43 Reply With Quote
Kavok

Old September 27th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Thanks Rob, as long as we have a general timeline and notice if timelines are shifting I think most of us are going to be happy.
Kavok is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Gobrious

Old October 1st, 2018, 08:33 AM
How'd that "hopefully September" work out?
I know, "But another PF2 update happened and that's more important than Starfinder".
Just admit it, PF2 is more important to the Lonewolf team and you'll get to Starfinder and PF1when you have some spare time.
Gobrious is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Slamurai

Old October 5th, 2018, 08:09 AM
I'm a little bummed Armory development is taking so long, but since we've got time and since this feature will be implemented with weapon manufacturers, would it be too much to ask to add the Underwater modification from Alien Archive as a feature?
Slamurai is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old October 5th, 2018, 03:21 PM
I asked for that months ago.

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation
evdjj3j is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2018, 04:02 PM
evdjj3j, do you have the case number for the bug you submitted? When I search our bug tracker for "Underwater", I don't see any starfinder cases.

I've added this issue to our to-do list now, but if you posted it in a forum thread at some point, then that was missed, and never added to the to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #48 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old October 5th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Here is the forum post, don't remember if I created a bug report.

Update:
I didn't create a bug report, Aaron said he would make a note of it.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60626

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation

Last edited by evdjj3j; October 5th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.
evdjj3j is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
GougedEye

Old October 6th, 2018, 12:32 AM
The delay is very frustrating. My group has had to abandon HLO because of it. It was either that or abandon the book which we were not going to do.

Something seriously missing is the ability to create custom items in HLO.If we had that at least, we could have kept going with it.

Really disappointed. If HLO aren't able to properly support it's primary platforms, I really don't think I can justify further expenditure on it in future. It's not a cheap product at all, and this lack of support means I am not getting any value from what I and my group have already spent on it. Kindof feeling ripped off at the moment.

For the future, this does not bode well. They are already behind and can we really expect them to ever catch up? Lonewolf seem to be far too small a company to actually meet their commitments.
GougedEye is offline   #50 Reply With Quote