Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 30th, 2015, 09:39 PM
ONLY install this HOT FIX if you have the "Community Bestiary v2.25" installed and getting the error:
Quote:
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 693) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pProtEnerg')
"CB v2.25a-Hot Fix" download link.

So Pathfinder 10.13 caused a load error with the Community Bestiary. Unfortunately I am in the middle of a major change and can't put out the next version yet. It would currently cause more issues than it solved.

So please download the "CB v2.25a-Hot Fix" file to your desktop. Make sure HL is not running and double click on it to start the installer. Let it run and boom you will be back in business.

Sorry I can not do an auto-update right now because too many changes are happening. I should be able to release something late Saturday to early Sunday but I wanted to have something here for those doing a Saturday game.

@Aaron - Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 31st, 2015 at 09:55 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1
Aaron

Old January 30th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I'll sticky this so it doesn't fall off the bottom of the page over the weekend.
Aaron is offline   #2
psych777

Old January 31st, 2015, 12:27 AM
as i read this before updating, i downloaded this file. then updated herolab. then closed herolab and ran this file. i don't know what error it fixed as i didn't launch herolab before applying it...but when i launch herolab now i get these errors:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 914) - Thing 'sCBFlyPoor' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 919) - Thing 'sCBFlyGood' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 925) - Thing 'sCBFlyAver' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 929) - Thing 'sCBFlyPerf' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 935) - Thing 'sCBFlyClum' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
psych777 is offline   #3
ShadowChemosh

Old January 31st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
as i read this before updating, i downloaded this file. then updated herolab. then closed herolab and ran this file. i don't know what error it fixed as i didn't launch herolab before applying it...but when i launch herolab now i get these errors:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 914) - Thing 'sCBFlyPoor' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 919) - Thing 'sCBFlyGood' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 925) - Thing 'sCBFlyAver' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 929) - Thing 'sCBFlyPerf' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 935) - Thing 'sCBFlyClum' (dynamic tag) - Group 'AdjManeuv' not defined
I just did these same steps and it all worked fine. It would appear somehow the file "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.1st" is gone. My only thought would be is that did NOT have the "Community Bestiary" installed? As the above only fixes the "Community Bestiary" package not "all" community packages.

So go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" please remove the "Community Bestiary Hot Fix" if you never had the CB installed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4
psych777

Old January 31st, 2015, 09:55 AM
doh!
didn't even think about that. i only had the player pack installed before so removing the hot fix fixed my mistake
thanks!
psych777 is offline   #5
KnightArms

Old January 31st, 2015, 07:37 PM
I click the hotfix link and all I get is a new tab full of code. No option to download the file.
KnightArms is offline   #6
Lunarius

Old January 31st, 2015, 10:38 PM
Hello!

Mac user here. The Community Bestiary Pack was throwing the duplicate error as mentioned in the first post, so I followed the instructions given with the hotfix. Now Hero Lab crashes just a few seconds after it tries to load Pathfinder.

The forum won't allow me to post the Crash Report (The text that you have entered is too long (49409 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.); what would you like me to do?
Lunarius is offline   #7
ShadowChemosh

Old January 31st, 2015, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarius View Post
Hello!

Mac user here. The Community Bestiary Pack was throwing the duplicate error as mentioned in the first post, so I followed the instructions given with the hotfix. Now Hero Lab crashes just a few seconds after it tries to load Pathfinder.

The forum won't allow me to post the Crash Report (The text that you have entered is too long (49409 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.); what would you like me to do?
If Hero Lab is crashing that is beyond anything I can help with as that is different than the Pathfinder game system. The above installs a "single" user file is all. I can't see how it would have any affect on the Hero Lab software itself.

Your first step is to send in the crash report information to LW support.

You could try and install the old CB files again if you wish. The file is located HERE.

The hot fix over writes a single file "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" with a new version that removes the "Protection From Energy" adjustment. So if installing 2.25 allows HL to start again then you can open the file "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" using the Editor and delete the "Protection From Energy" adjustment manually.

If that works then we have a major issue as the new version I will be releasing Sunday will have the modified version of "PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user" and it has NO reason that I know for causing HL to crash.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8
david o

Old February 1st, 2015, 05:40 AM
Had the issue on my iPad version which had an error message "File: PFRPG_Adjustments_frumple.user (line 693) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pProtEnerg')". Cannot run the hot fix without having herolab open, and when I do try, I get a whole page of errors and have to keep updating my licence.

Any help would be appreciated.
david o is offline   #9
Nikmal

Old February 1st, 2015, 05:57 AM
Shadow,
The hotfix, when I click on it just appears as a bunch of gibberish (as a web page to me and not as an actual file) to me. Also when I go in to the editor to locate the file 'pProtEnerg' manually.. I am not able to find it.

Not sure what to do at this point as I need my Hero Lab today. Is there anything I can do? Thank you!!

Last edited by Nikmal; February 1st, 2015 at 06:01 AM.
Nikmal is offline   #10
Closed Thread