Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM
There is an addon, created by dragonladytoo, that is available on d20pfsrd to help with this. I have not looked at it in a long time but from what I remember it adds a bunch of adjustments that can help do some of the different forms.

Its called "PFRPG_druid_Wildshape.user" and located in the zMisc folder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Talysian

Old November 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Thank's guys, the only thing I'm not seeing on it is calculations for claw attacks? I'm guessing thats the Arm? just checking.
Talysian is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
umag

Old January 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM
any idea when these problems with hero lab will get actual fixes? ie. FoB with Power attack, and Shillelagh. wildshape for druids, Lead Blades (spell affects all your weapons, but only one end of a quarterstaff?
umag is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
King Joey

Old January 16th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Okay, I'd really like a reply on this question, too. I can't even find a way to add things like Natural Attacks and special abilities (Grab, Trample, etc.) gained from the forms. Do you just have to make paper notes and manually apply things like Size modifiers, natural armor and move speeds?
King Joey is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Charender

Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
I pulled down the wildshape templates, and I can't say I really liked it, so I did my own implementation. I did it as a conferred Ability Bonus that you can turn on and off. This seems to work for me, and it gives you all of the animal forms Ex abilities as well(scent, low light, pounce, grab, etc). Right now I just have this one, but from here it should be easy to duplicate this for other animal and elemental forms.

Code:
<thing id="pWSTiger" name="Wild Shape(Tiger)" description="You turn into a large tiger." compset="InPlay" uniqueness="unique">
    <fieldval field="pMinimum" value="1"/>
    <fieldval field="pMaximum" value="1"/>
    <fieldval field="pWhat" value="Wildshape"/>
    <fieldval field="pSource" value="Wildshape"/>
    <fieldval field="pDuration" value="1 hour/level"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="AdjConfer" name="Conferred Ability Adjustment" abbrev="Conferred Ability Adjustment"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoIncr"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="AdjNoPlus"/>
    <bootstrap thing="wBite">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="500">fieldval:pIsOn</containerreq>
      <autotag group="wMain" tag="1d8_6"/>
      <autotag group="Helper" tag="NatSizeDmg"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="wRake">
      <autotag group="Value" tag="2"/>
      <autotag group="wMain" tag="1d6_5"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raPounce">
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="wClaw">
      <autotag group="wMain" tag="1d6_5"/>
      <autotag group="Value" tag="2"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raLowLight">
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="xScent">
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raGrab">
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="tpAnimal">
      </bootstrap>
    <eval phase="PreLevel" priority="10000"><![CDATA[
~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

~ Give an Enhancement bonus to Natural AC
#enhancementbonus[hero.child[mNatural], 4]]]></eval>
    <eval phase="First" priority="1000" index="2"><![CDATA[
      ~ If we're not enabled, get out now
      doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

hero.child[aSTR].field[Bonus].value += 4
      hero.child[aDEX].field[Penalty].value -= 2

~ We want to increase our size by +1
      var sizemod as number
      sizemod = 1
      call SizeChange]]></eval>
    <eval phase="Final" priority="15000" index="3">      ~ Tigers only have a reach of 5
      herofield[tReach].value = 5</eval>
    <exprreq message="Wild Shape (Animal) required."><![CDATA[#hasability[cDrdWildAn] <> 0]]></exprreq>
    </thing>
Charender is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Kythlar

Old April 21st, 2012, 04:55 AM
Soo.... exactly how do you implement all of that code Charender? I'm very new to the Editor - as in 6 hours ago new. Do you have to break up the code into their appropriate tabs or just enter it it all in a single place? ...So confused! I like this approach better because it gives me exactly what I need per form and not an overall template.

I have an excel file that I made that works like HL, but there's soooooo much more information in HL that I'm officially switching over. I'm wanting HL to work like my excel file. It has different tabs as whole character sheets for the different forms I may use that all were based off of my humanoid form.
Kythlar is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Kythlar

Old April 25th, 2012, 05:20 AM
So I've been doing trial and error with the code and basically ended up using each part of the code. I originally tried putting all of it an eval script, but always errors.

I've pretty much got it doing what I want now except I'm having a few issues:

(1) My BAB is being reduced by -1/-1/-1 and the deficit is being applied directly to the weapon's bonus damage while shapeshifting into a large size creature. It's not a big issue other than it' showing, at lvl 9, that my +6/+1 BAB is being reduced to +5/+0, which is effectively making me lose an additional attack if I were to show my Hero Lab to anyone else. I corrected this with putting a +1 Attack Bonus on the template itself. It appears to correct it without providing additional attack bonus anywhere, but is the proper way to correct it?

(2) I'm also having some issues with the damage. I'm doing a bootstrap directly onto the thing under the adjustment tab and not on the template using <wClaw.1d8_6> for the claw attack, which works just fine. But as dragonladytoo noted, it's not using the correct damage for a bite attack for a tiger (2d6+6). I've tried using the tags <wBite.1d8_6.> and <Helper.DamageUp> and <Helper.NatSizeDmg> to try and bump the damage up to the next "level" with numerous variations, but it's going to 3d6+6 from 1d8+6. I'm about to just make a custom bite attack under weapons and bootstrapping it.

(3) Is there any code/options for it ignore your base armor size or to simply adjust the size of the armor while the coferred ability adjustment is active? It's just a detail that I'd like to see 'cause the Armor tab being red bothers me.

(4) Is there any code/options for the attacks to show up as selectable weapons under the weapons tab? Possibly even "equip" them and un-equip your current weapon(s) and then re-equip them when the coferred ability is deactivated? Yet another detail that I'd like to have, mostly so they show up black on the weapons summary.
Kythlar is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Kythlar

Old April 25th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythlar View Post
(2) I'm also having some issues with the damage. I'm doing a bootstrap directly onto the thing under the adjustment tab and not on the template using <wClaw.1d8_6> for the claw attack, which works just fine. But as dragonladytoo noted, it's not using the correct damage for a bite attack for a tiger (2d6+6). I've tried using the tags <wBite.1d8_6.> and <Helper.DamageUp> and <Helper.NatSizeDmg> to try and bump the damage up to the next "level" with numerous variations, but it's going to 3d6+6 from 1d8+6. I'm about to just make a custom bite attack under weapons and bootstrapping it.
Quote:
(4) Is there any code/options for the attacks to show up as selectable weapons under the weapons tab? Possibly even "equip" them and un-equip your current weapon(s) and then re-equip them when the coferred ability is deactivated? Yet another detail that I'd like to have, mostly so they show up black on the weapons summary.
I just made custom weapons, added in the <wDamBonus.6> to account for the absence of it on the "Dice Damage" selection of 1d8 (Claws & Rake) and 2d6 (Bite), and bootstrapped them to the adjustment. They're working perfectly gaining both the attack's bonus damage and the Str bonus. Also, I can can select them as an "equippable weapon" if I want to since they're custom weapons; although, if I add in <Helper.NatPrimary>, it'll remove the option for "equipping" it on the Weapons tab.

Now I need to be able to adjust the run speed. I have tried different methods including eval scripts or field tags. Apparently, tSpeed doesn't exist in the "Hero fields", but it does exist under the "Hero Selections". I'm stumped. Any way to alter it?

Last edited by Kythlar; April 25th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Kythlar is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Kythlar

Old April 27th, 2012, 04:53 AM
>_< I was partially wrong. My BAB doesn't change, sorry for the wrong reference! it's my Attack Bonus, and I do incur the -1 Attack Bonus from shifting to a large size. Had to re-read the Attack Bonus section of the rule book and neglected to remember the size modifier part of the equation. Bummer!!!! The math is correct for my attacks. It just shows up oddly on the Basics Summary because it applies the Large size penalty directly onto the Attack Bonus; however, I do get my additional attack(s) as they show up on the melee/ranged Attack Bonus. Just a lil' confusing. I'd think the penalty would be applied directly to the melee/ranged Attack Bonus, not the overall Attack Bonus. oh well, that's another issue solved!

Now I just still need to take care of the armor size issue... any thoughts? I don't like Hero Lab telling me I can't wear my armor when it melds into my form, but at least the bonuses still apply when shifting to another size.

Last edited by Kythlar; April 27th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.
Kythlar is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Charender

Old May 8th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Soo.... exactly how do you implement all of that code Charender? I'm very new to the Editor - as in 6 hours ago new. Do you have to break up the code into their appropriate tabs or just enter it it all in a single place? ...So confused! I like this approach better because it gives me exactly what I need per form and not an overall template.

I have an excel file that I made that works like HL, but there's soooooo much more information in HL that I'm officially switching over. I'm wanting HL to work like my excel file. It has different tabs as whole character sheets for the different forms I may use that all were based off of my humanoid form.
Sorry, for the late response, I have been elsewhere.

The problem with putting this into the editor is that it is a collection of bootstraps, value fields, and scripts. I posted the raw xml from the save file.

Exact steps to use
1. Create a new file in the editor
2. Create a new conferred ability in the editor
3. Save the file in the editor
4. Open the editor file with a text editing program(like notepad)
5. Copy my code over the conferred ability you created in the editor.
6. Save the file in notepad
7. Reopen the file in HL editor

Last edited by Charender; May 8th, 2012 at 10:13 AM.
Charender is offline   #30 Reply With Quote