Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

shieldknight

Old November 1st, 2010, 01:58 PM
How do I create templated creatures? For example: I want to take a giant spider and add the Advanced template or a Brown Bear and add the Young template. I noticed there are no options for choosing the animal or creature. Do you just grab the template and then configure the abilities for the basic creature. Will there be options for adding natural attacks and special abilities?
shieldknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Templates are in the same list as the classes - they're sorted to the bottom of the list. You can add as many or as few as you want to a creature. The way you set up the base creature doesn't change whether you're adding Templates or not.

There's not a generic way to add natural attacks/special abilities, but this can be done by creating a new template or making a variant of the race using the editor.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
shieldknight

Old November 1st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The way you set up the base creature doesn't change whether you're adding Templates or not.
I'm pretty new to HL, so how do you set up the base creature? Am I correct in assuming that you have to type in all the base stats? Then you can add in templates?
shieldknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Try the stock portfolio route - select the Portfolio menu, then "Import Stock Portfolio", and choose the set of NPCs you want - "Miscellaneous Monsters (S-T)" for a spider, "Miscellaneous Monsters (A-B) for a bear. That will add the monster, configured as listed in the Bestiary (configuration isn't much in the case of an animal, but a Goblin will have the shield, armor, and weapons listed in the Bestiary).

Once you've added that, switch to the Classes tab and add the templates you want.

Races for monsters are added just like the race for a character - switch to the Background tab, and select "Bear" or "Spider, Giant" from the list. Then, you can play with the monster as you wish - adding templates, adjusting the ability scores, etc.

Last edited by Mathias; November 1st, 2010 at 06:07 PM.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
shieldknight

Old November 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks!
shieldknight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
shieldknight

Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:27 AM
How would I edit the monsters? I wish to add a web ranged attack to the spider.
shieldknight is offline   #6 Reply With Quote