Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Acenoid

Old January 14th, 2021, 01:50 AM
Sorry man, they have to fix this! After all they are still SELLING this tool on the webpage.

It cannot be THAT expensive to offer a MINIMUM of support for your software - even if its on a backburner / freezer indefinitively...

Therefore we should highlight this to the support.

Especially for all the hours lost - ASK THEM what are they going to do to fix your problem. It's not that an important but optional feature like imports are broken in the latest versions, but a core functionality snippts/topic creation seems to be bugged in your instance!

They have to help.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 14th, 2021, 01:51 AM
Btw my support reqplies were rather quick.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
Acenoid is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 14th, 2021, 11:40 AM
In the past, tickets I've submitted (I use a VPN) were never received.

I made a comment once on the facebook fanpage for Realm Works, and one of the Lone Wolf people contacted me.
They verified they hadn't received a ticket, but were able to resolve my (your realm won't sync, some error code) issue the following day.
Ualaa is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 14th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Accidental double post
Ualaa is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 17th, 2021, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
In the past, tickets I've submitted (I use a VPN) were never received.

I made a comment once on the facebook fanpage for Realm Works, and one of the Lone Wolf people contacted me.
They verified they hadn't received a ticket, but were able to resolve my (your realm won't sync, some error code) issue the following day.
In the past, when I still bothered submitting support tickets, I'd frequently be told by Rob and the other technical people involved with RW that they had never received the ticket, I didn't use a VPN back then. The fast is whatever program they use for collection of tracking of tickets hasn't worked properly in roughly 5 years.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 25th, 2021, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I got a response from LWD support Wed stating that the realm with the snippets to large error is the result of a ,NET framework problem they cannot control. I guess I need to delete my masterrealm file and download it all again, which for my Telon realm is fine, I have maybe 1-2 hrs of work lost.

However my first ticket, regarding another realm totally different sync error, was closed, with no response, which is not cool. This realm has an entirely different issue, and if I lose the sync I will lose 50-60+ hrs of work, due to the delay in response I kept working on this realm. So I brought it to their attention this realm was closed with no response and asked they take a look at this, so if I can resolve its sync first, I can then delete the master file and re down load it

We will see how it goes.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 25th, 2021, 05:13 AM
I understand correctly - you still have all data available to you locally?
You can also "sync" between your machines / computers by using the backup + restore functionality. It is a bit of a hassle and not as comfortable as synching up / down.

Since the sync does not detect exact differences and does not really help me by showing details of the changes, I decided for myself, that I can handle my syncs myself.

Acenoid is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 26th, 2021, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
You can also "sync" between your machines / computers by using the backup + restore functionality. It is a bit of a hassle and not as comfortable as synching up / down.

Since the sync does not detect exact differences and does not really help me by showing details of the changes, I decided for myself, that I can handle my syncs myself.
Issue is,, my laptop has not been used for 2-3 months with a sync or more. It was not really used for a while, and when I did not for RW work, mostly maps with CC3+.
So the loss of work would be enough for me to just walk away for life if I did that....
In the order of 100s of hours, I spent weeks since I had nothing to do over the holidays working on RW during the holiday downtime. and most evenings leading up to it. RW as been great for time sync during lockdowns.
But maybe I will fire it up and see if I can sync Telon and make some changes to see if it has same issue or not, and if it does not many I can try your idea.

Thanks,

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 26th, 2021, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post

I have an question, anyone tried to just have the RW data reside on the cloud? Is there a way to redirect RWs file locations? Maybe I can just share it by loading it from my OneDrive.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
Real Life - IT Security
Exmortis is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 26th, 2021, 08:07 AM
Way back I remember someone trying to do something along these lines.

We figured the database location could not be changed.
There was an idea to use a symbolic link, so the location that it points to could instead look to somewhere on DropBox or another cloud storage option.

Potentially do that on as many devices as you have.
Ualaa is offline   #90 Reply With Quote