Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

casper86

Old January 13th, 2007, 10:37 PM
I've created a definition file, using a known good file as a template. When I go to create a new (first) data file in CVEdit, I get a blank error message. The error dialogue opens up with an OK button but no test telling me what the error is. I've reviewed the documentation, other known good files, and even stripped all but the minimum tags out, and I still get the error. What is causing the error and why is it not showing up? What can I do to correct the error? If I induce an error (such as leave a required tag out) it works fine.

On a (maybe) related note, if I remove a substantial portion of the release CDATA text (explaining the copyright, edition, description, etc.) the game no longer shows up in the list in CVEdit. I can strip it down to 3 paragraphs (leaving the release tags alone), but no less. Any idea why I can't have any less text than that?

Thanks in advance.
casper86 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Do you have a minimal .dat file to with the .def? I think I remember that it requires both.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 25th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Can you send an example of this to me (helpdesk at wolflair.com)? I've tried it on this end, and I can't seem to reproduce the problem. If you could send us what you've got, I can hopefully reproduce the problem, at which point I ought to be able to shed some light on the problem.

-Rob
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote