Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Deo

Old December 6th, 2018, 10:52 AM
I like a option for Mechanics Syncing

for exempel i tag/select Background / Class and Race and all 3 i selected will be in Sync whit the other realms i have of D&D 5th (where the sync is active)

if I add Acolyte whit a dndbeyond link in realm A and logout click Sync.
Then sellect realm B hit sync.

I like to see the Acolyte whit the dndbeyond link in Real B and all whats in thet container of the Background.

sorry for the bad english hope you know what i meen.
Deo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 6th, 2018, 01:04 PM
A global mechanics realm would be incredible.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 6th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
A global mechanics realm would be incredible.
I agree, I often defer updating since there is not such an approach as this. There are many many times I spend updating the mechanics side that would be easier to sync without having to the entirety of the RW database.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 6th, 2018, 05:47 PM
What would be even better would be if every realm could derive from a base mechanics realm and a base story realm. This would allow GM's to not only only do their data entry once but to also still allow a GM to have campaigns that are slightly customized.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 6th, 2018, 08:25 PM
I still wish for a build-in automatic parent-child realm synch mechanism that happens completely automatically once set up - including the mechanics.

I know we have the CSV Import Tool (and thank the gods for that!), but still...

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 6th, 2018, 09:57 PM
They gave that up in favor of the current import/export mechanism. Be careful what you wish for, I guess. :/

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old December 7th, 2018, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
What would be even better would be if every realm could derive from a base mechanics realm and a base story realm. This would allow GM's to not only only do their data entry once but to also still allow a GM to have campaigns that are slightly customized.
Great Idea, that way it would be easiert to build system-neutral realms and connect them with the ruleset you're playing in.

My personal realm went from D6D 3.5 to Pathfinder, which luckily didn't many changes, but I someday we might want to switch to 5E oder PF2 and who knows what system we'll be playing in 10 years.
Merion is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old December 8th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
They gave that up in favor of the current import/export mechanism. Be careful what you wish for, I guess. :/
I suppose you are right.

I have never tried using the present import/export system.

It seems too cumbersome and doesn't really seem to be doing what I need. And handling data, exporting and importing should be what a computer does best - not something I feel I should spend my time on.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Deo

Old December 9th, 2018, 12:56 AM
So i am not the only one i see lets hope Rob is going to do somting whit it then
Deo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 9th, 2018, 04:46 PM
There have been a lot of really amazing ideas floated over the last few years. I'm hoping a universal mechanics realm could be doable, but I wouldn't recommend holding your breath.
AEIOU is offline   #10 Reply With Quote