Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nlmacdonald

Old November 27th, 2018, 08:04 AM
I was working on a conversion of the Dread Necromancer and ran into a problem. This guys has a class ability gained periodically (4th, 8th, 12th, etc..) that allows him to add spell to his "book." I developed this class using the Warmage (unrestricted) style of casting. And found the example of "Greater Spell Access" from the Magus to develop a script to add the spell to "book." Here is the script, set to post-levels 10000.

Code:
      ~once the user's made a selection for each of the lists, get the 
      ~allowed spell tag from that spell 
      if (field[usrChosen1].ischosen <> 0) then 
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[ClsAllowSp.?] 
        endif 

~ If we're not shown, just get out now 
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0) 

~ If we're disabled, do nothing 
      doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0) 

~push those tags to the magus class, which will allow the class to 
      ~choose those spells 
      perform root.pushtags[ClsAllowSp.?]
This script was attached to 5 class special developed that are gained by the class at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th.

It worked great at 4th level, but not at all at other levels. I experimented with staggering the timing (Advanced Learning 1 at 10000, Advanced Learning 2 at 10100, etc.) but no luck there. I changed the caster type to Spellbook (Wizard ) and it works perfectly for all class abilities. For the other spellcaster types it only works the first time (4th level).

I check out the forums and found someone else had this problem but they didn't post a solution or explanation. I reviewed the fields of the Class object and found the cSpellExpr and cSplBkExpr fields were affected by the "pushtags[ClsAllowSp.?] statement. Here is the expression after adding the spell Bonefiddle at 4th level:

sClass.cHelpDrN | ClsAllowSp.spBonefid2 & !(sClassNot.cHelpDrN) & !.Hide.Spell & !.Hide.Obsolete & & !.Hide.Helper & !(component.EffectWord | component.MetaWord)

This expression was not affected by the pushtags[ClsAllowSp.?] at the levels where advanced learning was gained (8th, 12th, etc..). I changed my script to append " | thingid.<spell id> ". This works at all levels.

Can someone explain why the ClsAllowSp tagging did not work after it worked fine at 4th level. As I understand the ClsAllowSp tag, it allows a spell to added to the spell list of a class. The tag needs to be pushed to the class object "cHelp???".

Thanks
nlmacdonald is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
nlmacdonald

Old November 28th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Any help on this?
nlmacdonald is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 29th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Add some debugs to see if later level copies are stopping before the push, or are failing to pull.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote