Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Frodie

Old April 21st, 2010, 12:24 PM
Is there an easy way to convert 3.5 user files to work in Pathfinder? I tried a few files, but they kind of work but are missing all kinds of stuff. I think I know the answer, but just checking. Thank you anyways :-)
Frodie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM
The easiest way I can suggest is to open two copies of Hero Lab, one with the d20 files, and the other with the Pathfinder files. Open the d20 version of the file in one copy's editor and the new file in the Pathfinder copy's editor, and then switch back and forth to make the translation.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:58 AM
I have tried to convent the 2 systems as well, but PF has just enough differences that you need to re-create each item.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 22nd, 2010, 05:24 AM
It would be nice. I only make files for 3.5 but I'd like others to be able to use them in PF.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
It would be nice. I only make files for 3.5 but I'd like others to be able to use them in PF.
I am just the opposite I only do stuff in PF, but would really like to use the 3.5 stuff. My next campaign will start allowing 3.5 material into my PFRPG games and it would be awesome to use the files that you, chiefweasel, and others did such Awesome work on.

I guess I can use Mathias suggestion, but it sounds like allot of work as from my poking around that are lots of little differences between the way scripts work from d20 to PFRPG. Maybe so many that it would just be easier to start over?
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:33 PM
I suppose it would depend on how big the differences are and how complex the files are. If all you need to do is rename some fields, you could ctrl-f the notepad file and replace the old fields with their new names.
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
Good point I forgot its just an xml file actually so that would help out some. So in some cases like where d20 uses "field[fChosen].chosen" while in PF its now "field[usrChosen1].chosen" it would be pretty quick. Of course this also means that one would have to know both PF and d20 structure really well. So while not impossible its not going to be a super easy either.

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote