Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2010, 03:44 PM
(a bug reports thread for the 9/29/10 update)
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Found a few things with the Adventurer's Armory data set.

wDuelSwo - A 1st level fighter shows as not proficient with the weapon even though he has the Martial Weapon - all feat. According to the AA it says If you aren’t proficient with the Aldori dueling sword, you may treat it as a longsword.
-Also this weapon is marked as part of the Fighter Weapon group Blades, Light instead of Blades, Heavy. Which is what a longsword is part of.

wPFSawtoot - Basically the same problem with this weapon and the description was never updated to the new AA one which includes this line: A proficient user can treat a sawtooth sabre as a light weapon; otherwise, treat it as a longsword.

wCestus - When equipped it doesn't seem to be applying any negatives to Disable Device and Sleight of Hand skills. When using a cestus, your fingers are mostly exposed, allowing you to wield or carry items in that hand, but the constriction of the weapon at your knuckles gives you a –2 penalty on all precision-based tasks involving that hand (such as opening locks).

iMetalThr - When added to a Heavy Steel Shield it gives an error message of "A different version of this ability is available for wooden shields."

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 2nd, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Amgal

Old October 2nd, 2010, 06:14 PM
Just wanted to point out that the ki mystic archetype's knowledge bonus part of the ki pool ability is being given out at level 1 monk. It was my understanding that the bonus is only awarded at 3rd level in the archetype, when still mind is swapped for the ki pool ability.

Correct me if I missed something though.
Amgal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Cutter

Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Found a small mistake in the Bestiary I think.

Riding Dog is coming up as AC 12. Per the bestiary and the prd it should be AC 13. I think you missed the +1 natural armor bonus

PRD ref: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/m...tml#dog-riding
Cutter is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old October 4th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Although it's been like this in HL for a while, I'd like to bring it up again as it is still incorrect.

Bonus languages gained due to high intelligence only happen at the start of the game, but in HL you gain additional bonus languages due to increasing int both by leveling up, and by adding a headband that increases your intelligence score which is incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRD "Getting Started"
The number of bonus languages your character knows at the start of the game. These are in addition to any starting racial languages and Common.
Previosly mentioned here.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...anguage&page=2

Thanks for the continuous updates!
Leonal is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 4th, 2010, 05:03 PM
As someone pointed out in another thread, it's been clarified that 'All bonuses are retroactive when an ability score increases' here.
FifthWanderer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old October 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
As someone pointed out in another thread, it's been clarified that 'All bonuses are retroactive when an ability score increases' here.
That post and thread only talks about skill ranks without mentioning languages.
Considering that the rules say bonus languages are gained at the start of the game, and also specifically says skill ranks are gained at each new level I believe that RAW you don't gain more languages due to intelligence increases, even if it conflicts with the "everything is retroactive intention."

Threads on the topic.

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ints&page=1#27

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...ource=search#0
Leonal is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Arkamit

Old October 4th, 2010, 06:58 PM
If Headband of Vast Intelligence (and similar) gives bonus languages that is strictly speaking a correction NOT a clarification. Since the book does not mention anything about languages (it does however for skill ranks).
A conservative read of the post quoted could be that James Jacobs was trying to clarify why one gets retroactive skill ranks (a bonus that is granted per level, not as languages is suggested to be once per start of the adventure)

Neither does any of the Headbands from any of the Adventure Paths i can see give languages, they do however all give skills.

Last mention i can find of any statements as per the languages by an official source is James Jacobs confessing that
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Jacobs
I'm not sure if excluding bonus languages from the things the headband grants was an oversight or intentional. I think it might have been intentional, but I'm not sure.
That is however from a 1 year old post, and since Paizo themselves have been operating with headbands WITHOUT additional languages in their Adventure Paths i am inclined to follow their trend.
Arkamit is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Thazar

Old October 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
The wizard spell Emergency Force Sphere from the Cheliax book is listed as level one and it should be level four.
Thazar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old October 6th, 2010, 08:07 PM
The trait Boarded in the Shackles is listed as being a Second Darkness AP trait, and you seem to need to enable the Second Darkness rule set in order to use it.. even though it belongs to the Serpents Skull AP.

Also.....

(most of my players have their own HeroLab licenses and they email me their .por files, because we play online)

....one of my players e-mailed me their character and I got an error when trying to open it.

Quote:
One or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Oren Disul Nogrodim Kuhzahkaruk'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 'mine'
Pick 'trBrShack' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '294'
That's above my paygrade.

It might be related to the error I reported above, because every time I receive the character the "Boarded in Shackles trait is not selected, even though the player sends it to me with that trait selected and saved that way (so he tells me). Otherwise it seems to work normally.

If you'd like me to e-mail you the file, I have no problem doing so.

EDIT: Once I manually reselected the trait and the file on my computer, it loaded without error.

However in testing it a little, every time I got the file I would get that error. It didn't stop until I manually selected the trait and resaved it. It may not be relevant, but I figured more info was better than less.

Second Edit AHA! I am just remembering the tutorials.. tr means "trait" BrShack must mean Boarded in Shackles. Yeah, that trait must be causing the error. The two look definitely related.

Last edited by JimGroves; October 6th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
JimGroves is offline   #10 Reply With Quote