Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

JimGroves

Old December 14th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Virtual Ninja Monkeys on a Stick at the table with BBQ sauce

No. Virtual Table Top.

Don't be afraid. Don't try to protect him either. If I'm wrong, he'll say so. If there's any possibility of this being correct, he won't say a word.

Just hang on to your virtual ninja stuff for a second, step back, and put your thinking caps on.

1.) Directed at the RPG Market.
2.) Works with HeroLab, but doesn't replicate it's functionality. Works stand alone.
3.) Entirely new type of product for Lone-Wolf.

Rather than derail the thread, ask yourself, what sort of tool could be out there that they want to develop that isn't a VTT?

The tactical console is already an extension of one of the tools you'd need for a VTT platform.
JimGroves is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old December 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
with already doing itergration with D20 pro i highly doubt it is a VTT. why invest the money and reaoursec when they already have a partnership with an existin. Sure d20 pro is for D20 for now but im sure they will expand it to generic paly in time.
flamepulse is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOlsen View Post
No. Virtual Table Top.

Rather than derail the thread, ask yourself, what sort of tool could be out there that they want to develop that isn't a VTT?
To quote Richard Dawson on the ancient Family Feud game show....

"Survey Says?"

<BUZZ>

No cookie for the monkey theorists.... :-)
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
with already doing itergration with D20 pro i highly doubt it is a VTT. why invest the money and reaoursec when they already have a partnership with an existin. Sure d20 pro is for D20 for now but im sure they will expand it to generic paly in time.
What he said. :-)

There is *definitely* another type of product for RPGs that we can be developing. And no, it's not something for which there are sophisticated tools already available (like VTTs). We're not going to be re-inventing the wheel on this one nor simply coming out with a better mousetrap. :-)

So put those thinking caps back on. :->
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old December 15th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Humm How about something for the i-touch / I-phone
OR

What about a easy to make dungeon mapping systems that can be used in conjunction with HL and the tactical menu.
OR
HL is geared more towards what players need ie character tracker so what about something for the GM beyound the tactical menu.

Hum I think we need to add pirates to the ninja monkey BBQ stick table thing!

Both a stay on track and derail in the same post Muhahaha
SAbel is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old December 15th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Hey what about some type of internet Face to Face interface with your characters, aka need a web cam and mic plus and have referance to the character. So an online live person game host system.

Just thought of that when I went to a forum that I was talking in Colen with about vitrual lectures for AK, so people like me could figure more on how to do the programing lang
SAbel is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old December 15th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post

So put those thinking caps back on. :->
Or do better research..

http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?...articleid=1172

On that page:

Quote:
A new suite of digital tools to help manage your chronicles. Along with Lone Wolf Development, the creators of Hero Lab, we have been developing some amazing, utilitarian, approachable tools to help you create, run and maintain your chronicles. Think of it as part automatic wiki and part storyteller dream. It’s still in the formative stages right now, but even at the earliest stages they are amazing.
That's okay.. such a suite of tools might encourage me to run a White Wolf game...

EDIT: Lots of clues right here on the Lone-Wolf boards if you know where to look.. check out this discussion, where Rob dishes a little more than he does in this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9398

Last edited by JimGroves; December 15th, 2009 at 09:14 PM.
JimGroves is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Send a message via Yahoo to Basilforth

Old December 16th, 2009, 05:42 AM
It is obvious....

The Lone Wolf guys are developing licorice flavored dice on license from Willy Wonka.

Geez guys, it's obivous.
Basilforth is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
9 days to the New Year! Then I'll be asking again!
JimGroves is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:23 PM
What we're doing has nothing to do with White Wolf's games specifically. White Wolf is adapting the approach for specific use with their games and to address specifically what they are looking for in their tools suite. Our new product will work across the full spectrum of RPGs, as well as having significant utility in other domains (assuming we do things the way we have planned). :-)
rob is offline   #20 Reply With Quote