Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM
A new Beta version went out yesterday to the Beta team that now includes about 97% of the overall functionality of Player Edition, marking a major milestone on the path towards a public release.

We've also officially announced Player Edition pricing! You will be able to purchase Player Edition in discounted packs of up to 5 copies, with the lowest price per copy at only $6!

For more information on the release progress and pricing, check out our website.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EdtheDM

Old August 10th, 2014, 02:27 PM
So if I buy 5 licenses, I can issue them to my players as my game goes forward and as players leave, I can rescind their licenses and assign them to new players who join the game or is this not the intent of the Player Edition?
EdtheDM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Player Edition gives users access to play in any game that a GM invites them to. So you can invite someone with Player Edition to you game, but they can also play in someone else's game. Therefore, you can rescind their access to their game, but they still keep their copy of Player Edition. Does that clarify things?
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 10th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I think EdtheDM was asking whether he as the GM buys the licenses and allocates them to players temporarily, or the group of players get together and buy discounted licenses and then use them themselves permanently.
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 10th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Liz, the issue isn't with other players with their own license in our games. It's us buying licenses for our players and then retaining rights to those licenses when players leave.

LW is probably not interested in becoming counselors or ombudsmen for disfunctional gaming groups.... I would expect LW to honor whomever possesses the account information. And like it or not, the primary piece of that is the license key. If we GM's give that key to a trusted player who then becomes disgruntled, then it's up to the disgruntled player not to be a jerk and return it without changing the password.
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old August 10th, 2014, 04:43 PM
That's great question! To clarify a little more:
Let's say I purchase 5 copies of the player edition. I start gaming and have 5 players that I give the "player edition" access to Realm Works. Say for some reason or another 2 players get kicked out of or leave the game and I find two new players to take their place. Is it possible to give the two new players the old players access (after rescinding the old players access) to the Realm Works player edition?

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 10th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I would imagine this isnt a question for LW.

Buy 5 or 6 licenses, they are "yours". If you give it to someone, make sure its tied to an email address you own, so you can change the password yourself.

The one thing that would be nice would be if we could have more than one account tied to email addresses. Is such a thing doable?
mirtos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old August 10th, 2014, 05:17 PM
As I read it, these are not just "additional licenses" for your GM account. These are full, independent copies and licenses that a group can get a kind of "volume discount" by buying together. That being the case, no, they would not be anything you can "rescind".

And, if you think about it, being that would not make sense. This is not a VTT like d20Pro where the GM's copy acts as the server... and so the GM can add/remove guest players without affecting other games. In this, each player can be a player in games run by multiple GMs. If GM "A" decides to "take back" the license he gave to Player "1", then Player "1" suddenly becomes unable to access data revealed to his account in games run by GM "B" and GM "C".

So, as I read it, if the GM buys the pack for his/her group, s/he is irrevocably "gifting" a Player copy of RealmWorks to someone.
Silveras is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old August 10th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Another question. I am a DM and a player. I have a friend who is a player in my game and I am a player in his game. We both own DM versions of RW. Will we both have to purchase player versions to play in each others realms, or can you use the DM version as a player version if you do not own the realm?
jkthomsen9 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old August 10th, 2014, 05:29 PM
If this is a big deal, buy a 5 pack and have each player give you $5.00 for the licence. This way everyone has bought there own licence. But as I read it I think Silveras nailed it on the head.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote