Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old October 25th, 2015, 01:59 AM
I've been having a "Failed to delete a specific record" error when trying to sync a realm. (Been happening since the major update, I have reported it.)

However, when I try to send an error report, I get ERR 2002 from the reporting server, "Not enough space on the disk."

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old October 25th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Apart from asking the obvious:

Do you have any space left on the partition that RW apparently needs to write something to?

then I have no useful suggestions (sorry).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old October 25th, 2015, 08:34 AM
The problem is resolved now.

As I got the ERR 2002 message when I was ending the sync error message to the server, I was assuming that the error was from the server that the error message was being sent to... If you follow my drift.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old October 26th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
I've been having a "Failed to delete a specific record" error when trying to sync a realm. (Been happening since the major update, I have reported it.)

However, when I try to send an error report, I get ERR 2002 from the reporting server, "Not enough space on the disk."
I got the same thing yesterday on my laptop which I think has about 13 GB of space. I was trying it to see if 205 would work on it since my desktop is still getting the C++ Line error message. On the bright side, it is now a larger number than it used to be when it was the line 1555 error.

And just to be clear, a bug ticket was reported previously for the previous Line # error and I have replied to the responce with updated information.
Gord is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 26th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I got the same thing yesterday on my laptop which I think has about 13 GB of space. I was trying it to see if 205 would work on it since my desktop is still getting the C++ Line error message. On the bright side, it is now a larger number than it used to be when it was the line 1555 error.

And just to be clear, a bug ticket was reported previously for the previous Line # error and I have replied to the responce with updated information.
Have you tried a rebuild of the indexes for your realm?
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old October 26th, 2015, 08:32 PM
That's an excellent idea Rob but I can't figure out how to rebuild the index without getting into the realm. Currently I crash after syncing and can't open it. Is there another way to do it?

I can open the tutorial realm just fine and can also sync it so it is something in my main realms database causing the problem.
Gord is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 26th, 2015, 08:33 PM
FWIW, I just got this error message for the first time.

ScreenClip.png

I had just created a new Special Item topic and saved it, creating links as part of saving it.

Next, I deleted the picture (simple) snippet, which was one of the default snippets for that topic type. When I tried to save it again, it gave an error message, which I failed to screen capture.

I clicked the Send Error Report and it go through most of it but right before the final green check, if gave the Error 2002 dialog box, the screen capture of which I provided at the top of this post.

I clicked the "Retry" button but got the same error and then clicked the "Cancel" button.

I restarted and re-logged into Realmworks and immediately received an error (likely because it was opening the problematic topic automatically. This time I took a screen capture. Here it is:

ScreenClip2.png

This time I saved the error report as a file rather than attempt to send via the "Send Error Report" button.

I tried a third time, this time selecting the "work offline" option, rather than logging in, but still got the same error.

Ah well, here I was feeling fortunate that I was not experiencing any issues with the upgrades...not I can't even use the program.

Yes, I'll be submitting a bug report with the exception report file and everything I put in this post, but I though that it might be helpful to other users who may be trying to determine if their issues are the same.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 26th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
That's an excellent idea Rob but I can't figure out how to rebuild the index without getting into the realm. Currently I crash after syncing and can't open it. Is there another way to do it?
Close Realm Works, if it's open.

Copy the folder that has your MASTER.REALM file in it.
-- Your MASTER.REALM file is likely in the "Realm Works" folder shown in the window opened by this command:
explorer "%APPDATA%\LWD Technology, Inc"

Delete everything in the original except for MASTER.REALM.

Start Realm Works and see what happens.

The index files are in the folders with the long names, but you'd have to know which is which. Might as well get everything at once, including a preferences reset. If it doesn't help you can always copy things back, and if the LWD folks need files from you you'd have a backup from the crashing state.

Last edited by Parody; October 26th, 2015 at 11:52 PM.
Parody is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 27th, 2015, 05:34 AM
Following Parody's suggestion I was able to get back into my Realm. But if I go back to the topic causing issues, it crashes RW upon opening the topic.

I deleted the preference files and started again. Then I rebuilt the index and opened the troublesome topic. Same result. It crashed RW.

I once again deleted the preference files and restarted RW.

Unfortunately, there is no preference I can find to stop loading the last opened tab. For now, I'll just avoid opening the topic that is causing issues.

I really would hate to lose all the content of that topic, so I'm not deleting it just yet in the hope that the development team can come up with some way to fix this.

I believe that I read about an issue where deleting a default snippet could cause issues, I'm going to see if I can find that thread and cross-link.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Unfortunately, there is no preference I can find to stop loading the last opened tab. For now, I'll just avoid opening the topic that is causing issues.
New in build 205: On the realms panel for the launcher, there is an option in the tools menu next to the realm to delete the local preferences for the realm. The local preferences are what controls loading up the last topic. Instead, Realm Works will default to opening the home topic.
davidp is offline   #10 Reply With Quote