Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pyremius

Old August 1st, 2014, 11:03 AM
Just wanted to post that I've got Realm Works running on a Surface Pro 3 (i5, 4GB version). I'm testing the tablet for other reasons, but thought I'd toss it on to see how it worked.

Right-click and keyboard shortcuts are obviously difficult, but usable. Overall navigation isn't bad using the stylus, and I'm able to jump easily between topics and follow links. Embedded Hero Lab information opens cleanly within Realm Works (no spare Hero Lab license to install).

If anyone has a specific question I can try to answer it this weekend, but then I have to wipe the unit and get it deployed.
pyremius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 1st, 2014, 11:37 PM
Hmm, need to get that installed as well, haven't messed with it much yet on my SP3.

I do plan to have it at GenCon in case the LW devs haven't had a chance to see their products on a high density display and touch screen. HL could use some love in that department making it more dpi aware for buttons/layouts and popping proper softkeyboards up on input areas.

It really is an awesome tablet, don't regret the purchase at all.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 2nd, 2014, 03:25 AM
On the flip side, I just received a Transformer Book T100. It's on the opposite end of Windows tablet stats: an Atom Z3775 with 2 GB RAM. So far Realm Works doesn't seem much different. Switching Topics/Articles is just as slow on the Transformer as it is on my gaming machine, but otherwise I haven't noticed any issues and haven't been expecting any. (Realm Works is not a very demanding application.)

I have to switch Hero Lab registrations around so I haven't gotten to that yet. I have a friend who uses one of these with HL for playing and it's been fine for him.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old August 2nd, 2014, 06:59 AM
its funny, because on my previous macbook pro, which only had 4 GB ram, so i could only give parallels 2 GB of ram, RW was unbearably slow on it, and fast on my PC which had plenty of ram and cpu. when i upgraded my laptop to a 16GB based (thus making it possible for me to give parallels 1/2 of that, 8 gb) on an i7, Realms Works became fast... so i was under the impression it needed either a faster processor (less likely) a better graphics card (possible), or more ram to work efficiently.
mirtos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 8th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I just bought a SP3 and run HL on it. I will load up RW but unlikely it will be used for any thing more than player view in RW. I have a big lappy for RW as GM.

I noticed some scaling issues on the screen with HL and posted about using HL on a SP3 there.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50265
Exmortis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old August 8th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Realm Works runs on a surface pro 2.
Mmurphy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
GreyMouser

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I run Realm Works and Hero Lab on my Surface Pro 2, and I won't go back to OneNote. I also have .pdfs of my favorite rulebooks and supplements (Engine Publishing's MASKS is invaluable; copy-paste the block text directly into RW.) and have had no usability issues even with all of those running at once.

Having said that, I have a TypeCover2 and a Logitech Ultrathin mouse. I can't imagine using it with just a stylus or touch.
GreyMouser is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ghost Matter

Old August 19th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I have Realm Works and Hero Lab on my Yoga 2 Pro, with a resolution of 3200x1800. Works very very well except the scaling stops when inserting an image, it comes back shortly after. I've only run it with a mouse and keyboard so far though.
Ghost Matter is offline   #8 Reply With Quote