Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

jtisdel

Old September 17th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Folks,
I've been using the Dropbox public folder option to store the Warzone: Ressurrection AB file with out incident.

I needed to push out an update today and now, Dropbox no longer supports public folders. Okay, I can live with that.

HOWEVER, when I share a link from dropbox, the heuristic name causes AB to declare the file as invalid (since its not a .ab file). Any ideas how to work around this?
jtisdel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old September 29th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Your best bet here is, sadly, probably to switch to some other hosting for the files.

I would personally recommend Github. While it's nominally made for techy types, they have great free file hosting for public projects, and there's a desktop client so you don't need to know the particulars of the backend software that they're using (git). Their project storage also lets you keep the full history of a text file and split/merge different versions based on what you're working on.
Roadie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jtisdel

Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:14 AM
Folks,
Given the fact that Dropbox change broke the WZ download, I've temporarily uploaded the file to the Warzone official Facebook page.

I am also working with Prodos to get them to host the datafile on their Warzone Downloads page.

jmt
jtisdel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Homer S
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 19th, 2018, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtisdel View Post
Folks,
I've been using the Dropbox public folder option to store the Warzone: Ressurrection AB file with out incident.

I needed to push out an update today and now, Dropbox no longer supports public folders. Okay, I can live with that.

HOWEVER, when I share a link from dropbox, the heuristic name causes AB to declare the file as invalid (since its not a .ab file). Any ideas how to work around this?
I think it is necessary to post a new link with a little change.

In URL, replace "https://www" with "dl", so

this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w58z46h ...

becomes this

dl.dropbox.com/s/w58z46h.....

Homer

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer S is offline   #4 Reply With Quote