Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Acenoid

Old November 25th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Hi there!

I am not sure if I'm not mistaken, but are there some tag domains like "Species" or "Carreer" that are not used in any available category?

I would recommend to add them by default to the protected categories. But their default (since they are not so common (?) , could be disabled.

This way I could keep the protection enabled, but change my "default" tags.

It would also be good to see where tags are being used and if they are used where exactly to easy up clean ups of wrong data.
Acenoid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Those tag domains are defined because a number of game systems leverage them. We've pre-defined the tag domain so that there is standard domain in place that can be used by anyone running one of those game systems. This will make things vastly easier once content sharing becomes possible.

We don't actually reference them in our built-in categories, since most game systems don't use them. However, they are easy to add to categories for users who are playing the games that do use them.

Hope that makes sense!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old December 8th, 2014, 01:26 PM
But one does not really see which tag domain the group should belong to. If I add now an unsupported game like "shadowrun", I would either have to create completely new categories to be used by my Shadowrun system, or break the protection.

My intention was to arrange the tag domains in a way that I can still keep the category protection in place.

What would be the suggestion to handle this in the best way from your perspective?

Content sharing will likely be not important for me, but maybe I ll buy a product here and then...
Acenoid is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 8th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
But one does not really see which tag domain the group should belong to. If I add now an unsupported game like "shadowrun", I would either have to create completely new categories to be used by my Shadowrun system, or break the protection.

My intention was to arrange the tag domains in a way that I can still keep the category protection in place.

What would be the suggestion to handle this in the best way from your perspective?

Content sharing will likely be not important for me, but maybe I ll buy a product here and then...
Ditto this concern, and to add, I also maintain a "core canon" realm that I use a a baseline for my own campaign, and have intentions once the market place and "sharing" become incorporated, to utilize in offering shared content on the campaign system (World of Greyhawk in this case) in which other WOG RW users may not want the home brews or non canon results that are within my home campaign.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote