Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

DeltaMasterMind

Old September 7th, 2017, 05:08 AM
Hi everyone,
I am curious if the HeroLab Editor can be setup with a feature that can toggle through sources for testing custom made content files. Ok so to explain further, as I have been maintaining my own campaign user file for my group I didn't realize that those of my group that have their own Herolab account would get errors here and there do to me building upon source books that they have yet to buy. Thus causing me to stop setting up the game and fix the offending error on the spot.

The goal is to test my file against the Core package as that is my aim in my support of the file. The only way I can do this now is by using one of their licenses on my tower for testing. Is this possible with the current design of the Editor? If not would it be difficult to make a parser (basically a index checker that can use the sources as a quick check for breaking content?

Thanks for your time.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 7th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Develop -> Choose Supplement Packages lets you test your files with different packages turned on and off.

Hope that helps!
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 7th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
I didn't realize that those of my group that have their own Herolab account would get errors here and there do to me building upon source books that they have yet to buy.
This should not happen anymore in HL unless your doing a Replace Thing ID. If you are referencing in a script or doing a bootstrap HL no longer will fall into safe mode.

This is why the Pathfinder Packs where able to go from almost 10 separate Packs down to just one.

Can you share more specific details of the errors?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old September 11th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Develop -> Choose Supplement Packages lets you test your files with different packages turned on and off.

Hope that helps!
I am seeing a total of 17 items, these cover all sources available? Currently all are on. Note: Due to a string of situations I am currently using my friends spare license on my build machine. This is how I stumbled upon the issues, granted I only had two errors so not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
This should not happen anymore in HL unless your doing a Replace Thing ID. If you are referencing in a script or doing a bootstrap HL no longer will fall into safe mode.

This is why the Pathfinder Packs where able to go from almost 10 separate Packs down to just one.

Can you share more specific details of the errors?
One error was because I had a thing residing within the "augments" tab which is a GR tab and they do not have that source material. I was experimenting and honestly didn't know what the tab was for but had all the fields I needed for my Summoning Jitsu ability. Since then I moved it to the "feats" tab until I think of a better spot.

The second error was from a prerequisite (pick) that looked for a Witch Archetype (White Haired Witch) for my "addon" archetype to that archetype.

I had the same issue in the past with a Tiefling ART that would grant flight to a tiefling if they also had the tiefling vestige wings, which I also had as a prerequisite (pick).

Pathfinder Thread
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 11th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
I am seeing a total of 17 items, these cover all sources available? Currently all are on. Note: Due to a string of situations I am currently using my friends spare license on my build machine. This is how I stumbled upon the issues, granted I only had two errors so not bad.
I believe it's based on which packages you have added to your license. Remember that a data package often consists of multiple book sources. Looking at my list, I have 177 packages available in that menu (although many of those are background packages users wouldn't need to see or turn on/off).
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old September 11th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I believe it's based on which packages you have added to your license. Remember that a data package often consists of multiple book sources. Looking at my list, I have 177 packages available in that menu (although many of those are background packages users wouldn't need to see or turn on/off).
With that being the case I am sure my account would have at least twice as many as my friends. Too lazy to get my laptop to check the exact number at the moment. I guess if I want those checks in play I might just have to use childfound[] prerequisite scripts for the time being.

Pathfinder Thread
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #6 Reply With Quote