Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

xanatos_grey

Old February 13th, 2011, 09:03 AM
This is the second time I've had to reformat my computer to Out-of-Box State so I have been forced to redownload Hero Lab yet again. When I come to the site and attempt to download it, I successfully download the installation software yet when I try to start it up, I receive an error message stating the following:

"Could not initialize installation. File size expected =8205190, size returned=8183290. The parameter is incorrect."

I know that before my last reformat, I had a virus (Antivira AV) that took over my computer, so after reformatting the computer which was what we had to resort to after Malware Bytes removed the problematic virus yet left my laptop a shell of its former self. I'm not sure if this could still be exhibiting problems because of the previous virus, but I doubt it BOTH virus plans I have on my computer are coming up negative for threats.

Lone Wolf Staff and Subscribers, if you're reading this, I love your software and need your help to continue being able to use it. Has anyone else encountered this problem and, if so, how did you fix it?
xanatos_grey is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 13th, 2011, 09:40 AM
A file size expected/file size returned error usually means that there was a glitch in the download, and only an incomplete file made it to your hard drive. Have you tried re-downloading the file?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
xanatos_grey

Old February 14th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I've tried a few times to download the file. I suppose my original post was slightly off. I can download the Install file itself yet when I actually click to open it up and initiate the install, I receive the aforementioned error message. I currently have a tech-savvy friend of mine inspecting the computer to see if he can't resolve the problem but he's not even sure if he can.
xanatos_grey is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 14th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanatos_grey View Post
I currently have a tech-savvy friend of mine inspecting the computer to see if he can't resolve the problem but he's not even sure if he can.
I suggest looking into your proxy, or your internet connection. It sounds like the download is getting cut short.
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exitilus

Old February 19th, 2011, 08:37 AM
If your downloading the full file size, and every time it comes up with that message. I'd like into hardware issues. I've seen corrupt Memory cause a similiar issue.
Exitilus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
The other possibility is that you're dealing with caching, either from your ISP or an "Internet Accelerator". Thus, you're truly getting the same (wrong) file every time. You could try downloading it via a friend if so.
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote