Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 29th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hey gang,

We're closing out 2010 with updates for both M&M2 and M&M3. This update for M&M3 brings us up to 1.0 with the official release of the book - the M&M Hero's Handbook PDF is now available from Green Ronin, if you've been holding off on checking it out until now.

We've made a lot of bug fixes for both 2e and 3e, which you can check in the FAQ for those game systems. In addition, here's our list of enhancements for 3e:
  • Incorporated all errata for DCA.
  • Added the converted 2e Instant Superheroes, and update the existing 2e converted heroes - thanks Nathan K!
  • You can now choose a "Free Action" to activate an alternate form, at no change to the cost (as opposed to -1 for a Move action, etc).
  • Vehicles and HQs now have an "Alternate Of:" menu, where you can choose a vehicle to be their primary vehicle. This allows you to create vehicle / hq "utility belts".
  • Added an "Extra Ranks" option to Concealment that you can use to increase the save DC if used as an attack.

Enjoy the updates, and have a happy new year!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 29th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sweet! Now to fix stuff...

Nathan K.

Flying Cobra on the Atomic Think Tank
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old December 29th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Awesome ... thanks Colen and the others @ Wolf Lair for all the work you've done Have a great and safe New Year!

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old December 30th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Hooray! and thanks, guys!

This'll help with so many things I'm working on right now!
Shadowchaser is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old December 30th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Very awesome Colen, this fixes every bug my .por files have been having except one: When I have a Dynamic Array that has a Multiple Effects power raising the 'level' of one of the powers inside the Multiple Effects power is not noted on the powers outside the Multiple Effects power or vise-versa.

Attached is the biggest .por to demonstrate this, a version of Emma Frost I made, to see what I am meaning click the arrows to 'use' ranks in the "Hivemind" Power (the Multiple Effects power) and notice that inside Hivemind it shows how many pp of the array ye are putting toward Hivemind, but outside of Hivemind it will still state ye are using (0/63pp). It will do the same with putting pp toward the other Multiple Effects power Telepathy, and likewise when ye put pp toward the other powers they are not shown in Hivemind and Telepathy (which I now noticed I mis-spelled as Telepahy... /facepalm)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Emma Frost.zip (8.2 KB, 2 views)
CelticREI is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Yep, time to get fixing stuff in what I've written.
FifthWanderer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old December 30th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hey gang,

We're closing out 2010 with updates for both M&M2 and M&M3. This update for M&M3 brings us up to 1.0 with the official release of the book - the M&M Hero's Handbook PDF is now available from Green Ronin, if you've been holding off on checking it out until now.

We've made a lot of bug fixes for both 2e and 3e, which you can check in the FAQ for those game systems. In addition, here's our list of enhancements for 3e:
  • Incorporated all errata for DCA.
  • Added the converted 2e Instant Superheroes, and update the existing 2e converted heroes - thanks Nathan K!
  • You can now choose a "Free Action" to activate an alternate form, at no change to the cost (as opposed to -1 for a Move action, etc).
  • Vehicles and HQs now have an "Alternate Of:" menu, where you can choose a vehicle to be their primary vehicle. This allows you to create vehicle / hq "utility belts".
  • Added an "Extra Ranks" option to Concealment that you can use to increase the save DC if used as an attack.

Enjoy the updates, and have a happy new year!
Quick question, Colen: You mention 'the FAQ for those game systems' in your post. Could you provide a link to those FAQs? I'd like to see what bugs and changes were made in the latest update for 3E, if possible.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

EDIT- Nevermind, found the link in the 'Help' drop-down of the program. Funny how helpful you guys are when I'm not looking for it.

Last edited by Shadowchaser; December 30th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.
Shadowchaser is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old December 31st, 2010, 07:02 AM
First off- thanks so much for the hard work on the udates as always

I am however not seeing the alt HQ options you mentioned (@ least in 2e havent tried3e yet) i do however think the correct Cost is refected in the heros over all pp total- as adding two more HQs only increased hero pp total by 6-however theres nothing to indicate primary or alt hq in the portfolio or the output sheets also on the output sheets the HQs all still show the full cost in the points spent section of each HQ (10 /15 respectively)

Is this still a bug or am i doing something wrong??

EDIT: ok, my baad i found it in 3E..... but really colen when you guys have time the alternate HQ/VEHICLE thing needs to be brought to the 2e files as well- it was listed as a gm opition even in 2e.....and its a fix ive been needing for months now.

Last edited by atlarman; January 2nd, 2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: found part of the fix in 3e
atlarman is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old December 31st, 2010, 10:25 AM
Another little thing. I noticed a couple of times that the HQ features should be all unique (since they represent an undefined number of elements) but those from the core book aren't.
Woodclaw is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
First off- thanks so much for the hard work on the udates as always

I am however not seeing the alt HQ options you mentioned (@ least in 2e havent tried3e yet) i do however think the correct Cost is refected in the heros over all pp total- as adding two more HQs only increased hero pp total by 6-however theres nothing to indicate primary or alt hq in the portfolio or the output sheets also on the output sheets the HQs all still show the full cost in the points spent section of each HQ (10 /15 respectively)

Is this still a bug or am i doing something wrong??

EDIT: ok, my baad i found it in 3E..... but really colen when you guys have time the alternate HQ/VEHICLE thing needs to be brought to the 2e files as well- it was listed as a gm opition even in 2e.....and its a fix ive been needing for months now.
bumpiing this up.
atlarman is offline   #10 Reply With Quote