Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

AllusiveMan

Old December 23rd, 2018, 11:32 AM
Hi all. For a couple weeks now, I've been fumbling around with the editor, copying and tweaking various things to create custom content for a new campaign that a friend of mine is running. Not that it matters, but the setting is Tian Xia.

The immediate task at hand is this:

I created a series of 12 "zodiac" traits (as in the mini-feats), each of which grants the hero a spell-like ability chosen from a curated pick-list specific for the month they were born in. I used bootstraps for this, and it works fine, except I can't figure out how to specify a variable number of uses per day. The DM wants the number of daily uses to scale up by level (i.e. once per day at level 1, twice per day at level 6, 3/day at level 11, 4/day at level 15, and then "at will" at level 20). The script for calculating the number of uses is simple enough, but I can't figure out the syntax for assigning it to the spell-like ability. In the bootstrap, under the Fields button, there's a trkMax field, which I can set to 1 or 2 or whatever, but any sort of eval script I plug in there seems to result in 0 uses per day.

At this point, some of you are probably rolling your eyes at me, but please have mercy, I know I'm a rube. lol. Thanks.
AllusiveMan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 28th, 2018, 10:20 AM
What you'll need to do is, have the trait bootstrap each of the Spell like abilities with a Custom tag to mark them, then use that tag to target the correct copy of the spell on the hero, then add to the trkMax field of the SLA (I think your confusion is that you're adding to the trkMax of the trait by mistake).

For example, if your marker tag is "Custom.JanuarySpell", and you have calculated the number of uses and stored that in the abValue field on the trait, you could do this:

Code:
hero.findchild[BaseSpell,"Custom.JanuarySpell"].field[trkMax].value += field[abValue].value
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AllusiveMan

Old December 29th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Worked like a charm. Thanks!
AllusiveMan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote