Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old June 22nd, 2018, 03:48 AM
I was wondering who maintains the PF Community content for the Modern Path. I have noticed that the Ammo costs are quite ridiculously off from both the wiki page and from the Modern Path book.

Most of the firearm ammo is listed as being $100+ per 50, when in actuality they are closer to $15-35 per 50.

Is this a glitch with how HL counts ammo or an entry mistake.

Thnx in advance.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old June 28th, 2018, 07:28 AM
I'll fix it, but it will be sometime next week. I am out of town and not with a PC to fix it. The math for bundled items (like x50 etc) can be a little tricky at times. Until I can fixed it just use the "buy for free" or "custom price feature.
Frodie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 29th, 2018, 08:57 AM
I have come to notice that most of the item costs in the Modern path books are wrong. At least when converted from GOLD to Dollars.

I am terrible at math, but from what I am seeing it looks like a conversion error from gold to dollars. I think items need to be entered in SILVER into the gold spot in the editor, because, modern items are measured not in gold, but dollars and $1 = 1 silver.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 29th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Sounds like you need to add a currency mechanism to change the base coin.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old June 29th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Already did. That is what the problem is I think. The amount of items was entered into HL as the DOLLAR amount, and when the currency mechanic is turned on it tries to convert that amount into dollars again.

At least thats what I think is happening cause all the prices are kinda funky.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old June 29th, 2018, 02:30 PM
yea, when I put in the mech for $ there is no easy way of getting everything correct. I think it set up on a 1/10 ratio. It's not going to be perfect, but close.
Frodie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 30th, 2018, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
yea, when I put in the mech for $ there is no easy way of getting everything correct. I think it set up on a 1/10 ratio. It's not going to be perfect, but close.
I am not talking about the multiplier mechanic I'm talking about the individual items.

For example the Benelli 121 M1 12-Gague Shotgun is listed as $9,000 when I try and add it to my character. When I go to the editor to examine it. It has a a gSizeCost value of 900 which is wrong. According to the Book it should cost $500. Which would be entered in as 50 because you have to account for the multiplier mechanic.

Or you could use a script to have two prices one for with the use modern currency source turned on and one with it turned off.

Needless to say, this has made things tricky for myself and my players, I've considered going through and correcting everything. But I'd rather not step on your toes, especially if you're working on something with these files.

On an unrelated note, I've noticed two things that are not really sourced correctly. The Dopple Staff and the Staff of the Jungle, it took me almost four hours to realize that they didnt come from Arcane Heroes, but instead came from the d20 MODERN supplement Urban Arcana. Is this a one-off mis-label or was it just thrown in because you had nowhere else to put it? I'd assume the latter because the prices were set to a more reasonable level then the straight up conversion that Awful Purchase DC system they used back for d20 modern. But it'd be nice to know, just to know.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 30th, 2018, 05:16 AM
To be honest, I have been very busy with other things than gaming. Feel free to change what you want and upload it. I would be very happy for any help and bug smashing.
Frodie is offline   #8 Reply With Quote