Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Greybird

Old October 27th, 2020, 06:16 AM
It's my first time using any version of Hero Lab. I'm trying to make a character using the 'Other Halves' rule on page 55 of the Core Rulebook:

"By default, half-elves and half-orcs descend from humans, but your GM might allow you to be the offspring of an elf, orc, or different ancestry. In these cases, the GM will let you select the half-elf or half-orc heritage as the heritage for this other ancestry."

I'm trying to make an orc/elf (I have a really interesting RP concept.) If I select Orc, I cannot chose the Half-Elf heritage, despite it being allowed by the rules.

How do I make this character?
Greybird is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Hykim

Old October 27th, 2020, 10:16 AM
On the left hand side go to Character -> Settings, scroll way down to House Rules and select the box next to, "Allow nonhuman half-elves & half-orcs". I think that should do it for you.
Hykim is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Greybird

Old October 27th, 2020, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykim View Post
On the left hand side go to Character -> Settings, scroll way down to House Rules and select the box next to, "Allow nonhuman half-elves & half-orcs". I think that should do it for you.
Yep! That did the trick. I never would have thought to look there. I suppose I should look through every section and see what's where.

As an aside to the mods - sorry about the multipost. The notification that posts needed to be approved flashed by so quick that didn't even notice it until the third attempt at posting. I've posted on enough forums that I've not bothered to look at the 'Your post was successful. Returning to the last forum you viewed' message in years. You tricked me by putting important info there! I caught it out of the corner of my eye the third time and actually had to hit the 'back' button to read it.
Greybird is offline   #3 Reply With Quote