Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
RampagingHoardes
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 94

Old April 22nd, 2015, 09:47 AM
Is there are way to copy or clone a realm or transfer topics between them? If not will this be implemented(eta pls) ?

When entering sourcebooks copying this stuff more than once is insane. Right now I am creating campaigns based on gamesystem to mitigate some of the problem. But there are many things that I use in different systems and it poses a problem. There is also a good probability that I will piecemeal rulesets to take the best of what I like in a campaign. Loading everything into one campaign file would be rife with topic conflicts where rulesets are involved.

For example right now I have AD&D in a campaign file (may end up with 2nd ed in there as well) I have Greyhawk a module and most of the important rules and definitions from the books. I have also loaded Trauma in there for more realistic wounds and damage. I would like to have this in other files as well.

Also we have purchased 2 copies of RealmWorks at my house to avoid us stepping on data rather than sharing it. Will I be able to share the Rules entries and information form the manuals with the other copy of realmworks at some point. I put one license in another family members name but we own all the books etc.

Also any word on printing your worK or importing or exporting to a file?
RampagingHoardes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 411

Old April 22nd, 2015, 10:06 AM
Copying and sharing realms won't happen until the marketplace mechanism is working, period. This is one of the priorities, but we have no dates or ideas on a timeframe.

Printing/exporting was a very polarizing issue in the survey (some people not wanting it at all and some people wanting it a lot) and I believe it finished somewhere in the middle of the pack priority-wise. It, like anything else feature-wise, will happen when it happens.
MaxSupernova is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 94

Old April 22nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Copying and sharing realms won't happen until the marketplace mechanism is working, period. This is one of the priorities, but we have no dates or ideas on a timeframe.

Printing/exporting was a very polarizing issue in the survey (some people not wanting it at all and some people wanting it a lot) and I believe it finished somewhere in the middle of the pack priority-wise. It, like anything else feature-wise, will happen when it happens.
Thanks for responding but I am still left unsure how this will work and a little puzzled why I would need the marketplace to share data with myself or someone locally to me(in the same house)? I doubt I will use the marketplace due to the expense does that mean I am SOL and can't even share data with myself? If I am forced to use the marketplace will I be able to control who gets the content? What about the Books that are entered that my family owns? I love RW but as I am getting more and more information in there this is becoming a big issue due to the effort involved in putting the info in.

As far as printing goes why would someone else care whether we can print or not? If they don't want to print then don't print. Unfortuantely I have been away from RW for a few months and missed the survey? Was this just about a timeline for getting this updated?
RampagingHoardes is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 411

Old April 22nd, 2015, 10:32 AM
The marketplace is going to be the mechanism for duplicating, merging and transferring data between realms. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to pay or buy or whatever, but the basic technical aspects of the marketplace will have to be in place in order to do what you want to do.

The survey asked people to rate various features on a scale of 1-10, and there were a few features (like printing) that were very polarized, with lots of very low responses and lots of very high responses.

Here's the results:
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2...ng-the-future/
MaxSupernova is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 94

Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
The marketplace is going to be the mechanism for duplicating, merging and transferring data between realms. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to pay or buy or whatever, but the basic technical aspects of the marketplace will have to be in place in order to do what you want to do.

The survey asked people to rate various features on a scale of 1-10, and there were a few features (like printing) that were very polarized, with lots of very low responses and lots of very high responses.

Here's the results:
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2...ng-the-future/

Ok thanks Max that helps a ton. I appreciate the link to the survey.
RampagingHoardes is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,458

Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampagingHoardes View Post
As far as printing goes why would someone else care whether we can print or not? If they don't want to print then don't print. Unfortuantely I have been away from RW for a few months and missed the survey? Was this just about a timeline for getting this updated?
It's not that other people care whether we can print or not. It's that there are a lot of features to come, some of which will take more time to implement than others. Since the developers can't do everything at once, the point of the survey was for them to understand which features are most important to the community as a whole and to consider those results when planning which feature(s) have what priority for completion.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,147

Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:50 AM
Please note MaxSupernova has responded with a very precise explanation of "It doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to pay or buy or whatever". However, we still don't know for sure. You MAY have to subscribe to do anything whatsoever in the marketplace. This isn't 100% clear yet.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.