Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
So I've not purchased Realm Works yet. I have been looking at it for a very long time now and the thing that interests me the most is the Content Marketplace.

I remember watching the spotlight series and seeing the videos online and seeing them using the Rise of the Runelords. I was running Rise of the Runelords at that time and almost purchased Realm Works in Oct 2015 based on the what was being hyped about the Content Market.

So I waited and waited and kept checking the status of the Content Market.

Needless to say I've since finished the Rise of the Runelords campaign and our group is currently playing Shadowrun 5th Edition. This time I'm not a GM, but instead a player.

But now looking towards the future and the end of this year I'm planning out the next campaign and would love to purchase Realm Works prior to starting anything.

But I don't want to purchase it and have to spend long hours entering the data into it for one of the Paizo Adventure Modules.

So a few questions;
When will Content Market be officially released?
Which Adventure Modules from Paizo will be available at that time or within the weeks following the release of CM?

To the users of Realm Works;
Have any of you taken any of the Paizo Adventure Modules and entered them into RW?
How long did it take if so?
Was this all 6 adventure books, or only a few?

Thanks
Joe
Our hope is to have the Content Market out by Paizo Con or close to it. Our devs have been hard at work adding improvements and necessary items to make this happen.

Yes there will be some Paizo Modules available at launch. I am not at liberty to say which ones yet.
BJ is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old May 5th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Our hope is to have the Content Market out by Paizo Con or close to it. Our devs have been hard at work adding improvements and necessary items to make this happen.

Yes there will be some Paizo Modules available at launch. I am not at liberty to say which ones yet.
That is great to hear! Very excited!
NeoEvaX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 5th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Not really, Silveras. The PDF thing applies for Fantasy Grounds, too, and FG pathfinder module is almost as easy to read the module as a hard copy. I don't think the PDF coupling of your purchase has anything to do with readability.
Yes, a primary (if not the primary) reason for Paizo's policy has to do with maintaining control over their licensed properties.

Still, they've stated that part of their goals with the AP volumes is to make them pleasant to read through as well as easy to run. Neither Fantasy Grounds nor Realm Works makes that easy. Both applications are better served by breaking up the text into multiple separate units of content. Both employ linking of that content to navigate. Both depend on the choices of the person(s) preparing the data to create a sense of "flow", and that representation of "flow" does not necessarily work equally well for all users.

Paizo also has a vested interest in doing what they can to ensure that licensed properties work well, especially with new media formats that are still finding their best approaches (VTTs are still new enough for that to apply, I think, though Realm Works is far more "new").

So mandating that the PDF must also be present is a way to ensure that people can read the "flow" in the way Paizo's developers believe best presents the information. I may have over-stated the importance of it, but it is still *a* reason if not *the* reason.
Silveras is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old May 5th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Yep. I agree, Silveras. Good summary!
Bidmaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old May 6th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback.
I guess I'll take the plunge and finally purchase Realm Works
joepacelli is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old May 6th, 2017, 04:58 PM
You won't regret it!
Bidmaron is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old May 7th, 2017, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
You won't regret it!
Yes you will! The next time you want to go to the Pub with your mates, your wife is gonna say "remember that program you bought for gaming that you spend all of your time with?" and you're gonna have to tell them "Sorry mates, but the wife says that I have to stay home, wanna get some beers and engage in some roleplaying?"

Actually, that doesn't seem too bad....

GO FOR IT! You won't regret it!
ErinRigh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old May 7th, 2017, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
"Sorry mates, but the wife says that I have to stay home, wanna get some beers and engage in some roleplaying?"
When you say roleplaying?
Do you mean roleplaying with your mates?
or "Roleplaying" with your wife?
joepacelli is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old May 7th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Well, Realm Works isn't gonna be very helpful with the latter
ErinRigh is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old May 7th, 2017, 04:17 AM
So I just complete my online purchase of Realm Works

Some questions:
I already own Hero Labs and I own the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Package.
I was reading the Adventure Modules Data packages for Hero Labs and noticed the following;

Pathfinder RPG Module and AP Content includes all AP & module-specific content from our Adventure Paths and modules, including new races, templates, and more. It does NOT include Hero Lab portfolios for encounters, or content from other books required to use those modules. Perfect for Realm Works AP & module users! ($9.99)

This package is a great way for users who don’t own the Hero Lab module and AP packages to gain access to creatures and other content defined in those packages. By buying this package, you’ll be able to use over 200 creatures from the Pathfinder APs and modules we sell, without having to purchase the APs or modules themselves.
Note that you do NOT need to buy this package if you purchased an AP or module package for Hero Lab – those packages already include the content required to use them.

This package is ideal for Realm Works users who have purchased modules and APs for Realm Works, as it gives you access to creatures defined in those products without having to purchase the full module or AP package in Hero Lab too.

Is this something I would want to purchase?
Or since I already have Rise of the Runelords I don't need this based on this statement - "Note that you do NOT need to buy this package if you purchased an AP or module package for Hero Lab – those packages already include the content required to use them."
joepacelli is offline   #20 Reply With Quote