Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old April 9th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Honestly if they had never promised the new features I would not be hanging for them.

End of the day I'm incredibly happy with Realm Works. It is an amazing tool in it's current state. I have bugger all stability problems given the amount of content I've got in it.

The problem with the current state is it destroys the community. Instead of us focusing on the amazing projects we are doing within it we simply fester and become poisoned waiting for promised features.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #351 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 9th, 2018, 04:03 PM
My apologies! I did give out some updates sprinkled through February and March, unfortunately, it seems they were spread across another thread I was summoned into and I didn't realize they weren't given here where everyone was looking for them. You can read those here.

In recent news, we've just hired a new dev to help on the Realm Works side and I very much hope that will help speed things such as bug fixes along. We also received the bulk of the missing art for The Grande Temple of Jing from the publisher last week so we can finally get that entered and sent to backers. Razor Coast absolutely should have been out by now but I'm sad to say it's being a problem child. As soon as we sort out the bugs, I promise we will put it in the hands of backers.

The Content Market is still waiting for the issues to be resolved that were troublesome the last time I gave an update, but we're plodding along trying to work around the problem the best we can. And just for fun, here a are a few of the titles our Realm Works data entry team is working on right now:

Midgard Worldbook, Heroes Handbook, and Player’s Guide - Kobold Press
Eldritch Lairs - Kobold Press
Winters Roar Bestiary - AAW Games
Pugmire - Onyx Path
Villain Codex - Paizo
BJ is offline   #352 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old April 9th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
Given how toxic the Kickstarter comments got over the past 2 years, and how toxic our conversations have been maybe we're lucky they haven't just shut down the forums here. They already shut down the last thread that got this big.
LW has nobody but themselves to blame for this. Of course the Kickstarter community is going to get toxic. LW basically said, "Give us your money, and we'll deliver this product with all these features quickly, and provide monthly communication with you about our progress. The product is already mostly done." Since then, it's just been one delay after another, with more and more promises made and broken, and less and less communication. The last time they communicated with their backers was 859 days ago. That's not just missed communication. That's treating your backers with utter disdain.

As for when I lost faith, I think HLO was the tipping point for me. I was already pretty unhappy with LW, but when they decided to push out a new version of HL, Rob flat out stating RW was not a priority made me realize that they just don't care about their backers.
alientude is offline   #353 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 9th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
LW has nobody but themselves to blame for this. Of course the Kickstarter community is going to get toxic. LW basically said, "Give us your money, and we'll deliver this product with all these features quickly, and provide monthly communication with you about our progress. The product is already mostly done." Since then, it's just been one delay after another, with more and more promises made and broken, and less and less communication. The last time they communicated with their backers was 859 days ago. That's not just missed communication. That's treating your backers with utter disdain.

As for when I lost faith, I think HLO was the tipping point for me. I was already pretty unhappy with LW, but when they decided to push out a new version of HL, Rob flat out stating RW was not a priority made me realize that they just don't care about their backers.
Instead of infecting the forums with more toxicity, why don't you just give up and go away?
Toblakai is offline   #354 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old April 9th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Agree w/ Toblakai, dilly dilly.

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #355 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old April 9th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Wow, Toblakai and BoomerET, you are wonderful ambassadors working on behalf of Realm Works and make the community so welcoming and friendly.

This is the other half of what makes Realm Works community so toxic. The wonderful folks that tell people to basically shut up and get out.

There are valid complaints here, I'll gladly shut up once the product page for Realm Works. stops saying that you can "INTEGRATE READY-MADE CONTENT INTO YOUR WORLD" with a Content Market coming in early 2016. The 3 free modules for non-kickstarters did nothing for me.

I can argue that "Save Time on Session Prep" isn't true when you spend so much of your time entering materials from the core rulebooks to support your campaign, whether it be homebrew or established content.

This is almost a truth in advertising level complaint and complaining to a company on their public forums is always more effective than sitting and stewing.

But again, thanks for your constructive advice.
dungeonguru is offline   #356 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 9th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Great to see what I can only assume is some of that HLO revenue being directed into Realm Works. Looking forward to see what the new Dev produces.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #357 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 9th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Alientude: While I can completely understand and respect your stance on the subject and wish you the best if you choose not to support us any longer, I do want to say that Realm Works and the Kickstarter backers are very much a priority to LWD. That's why we started releasing content to backers in recent months, hired additional data entry people, and most recently a brand new dev to help with Realm Works. Also, as I noted in the other thread, I fully intend to personally write a Kickstarter update as soon as Razor Coast is available.

We've had a lot of staff replacements and shifts in policies lately, we replaced customer service entirely, hired several new people, rearranged internally, and had to replace one of our senior developers, all this year. It's been a lot of work and major internal changes in a very short time frame from a business perspective. These changes are meant to improve the company, work toward fulfilling old promises, and move us into a more positive future. Unfortunately, it takes time to train new people and clean up several years of being perpetually behind. The mess was not created in a day and it can't be fixed in one, no matter how much all of us wish it could be. All we can do is keep moving forward and that's what we're dedicated to doing.

Dungeonguru: Seems a fair enough request. I've deactivated the tab on the front page for the time being.
BJ is offline   #358 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old April 9th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Going to ignore the Lone Wolf white knights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
I do want to say that Realm Works and the Kickstarter backers are very much a priority to LWD.
I'm sorry, but actions speak louder than words. The actions of LWD the last few years are proof positive that this is not just true. What's more, Rob specifically said that all pursuits other than HLO are secondary. I guess you could say it's a priority...a low priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
We've had a lot of staff replacements and shifts in policies lately, we replaced customer service entirely, hired several new people, rearranged internally, and had to replace one of our senior developers, all this year. It's been a lot of work and major internal changes in a very short time frame from a business perspective.
I'm sorry, but none of this excuses the utter neglect LWD gives Kickstarter backers. These are (were) LWD's most loyal customers, the people who have been with LWD for many long years, who had so much faith in your company that they were willing to give LWD nearly $200k on nothing more than a promise. Yet LWD can't even be bothered to post a basic apology on Kickstarter and a promise to do better? LWD makes plenty of those posts here, but refuses to do so for the people that made RW happen.
alientude is offline   #359 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 9th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
Wow, Toblakai and BoomerET, you are wonderful ambassadors working on behalf of Realm Works and make the community so welcoming and friendly.
Thank you.
Toblakai is offline   #360 Reply With Quote