Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lifer4700

Old April 7th, 2014, 11:26 AM
After entering pages and pages of information into Realm Works via copy/paste. I came here to request a feature that I use in MS Word all the time - Paste Special, Unformatted Text.

When I first tried pasting from my PDFs into RW, I got the big scary warning about fonts and web browsers. For some reason, I didn't even think to try Ctrl + Alt + V, maybe because I didn't see the little downward triangle on the Paste button? I dunno.

So I immediately did the first thing that came to mind. I opened up Notepad (the universal dumb text editor) to paste. Obviously, the text is now devoid of any formatting, fonts, etc. So I could then copy from there into Realm Works. For days I did this.

Finally, as I was ready to post this request here, it occurred to me to check to see if Ctrl + Alt + V actually worked or not.

Much to my chagrin, IT DOES!
Silly me!

And there's even a separate button RIGHT NEXT TO Paste that I didn't see...

Thank you, RW dev team for handling my request even before I made it.

And let this be a warning to others!
lifer4700 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer4700 View Post
Thank you, RW dev team for handling my request even before I made it.
They borrowed Doc Brown's DeLorean just for this , but it got left on a launch pad...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 8th, 2014, 04:36 AM
I'd still like to see Ctrl-Shift-V for Paste Plain Text. It's what my desktop publishing programs use, and it's easier to hit than "Ctrl-Alt-V U Enter" on my keyboard. :)

Last edited by Parody; April 8th, 2014 at 04:41 AM.
Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old April 8th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I've been copying stuff into Notepad first as well. So thanks for the heads-up guys!
DMG is offline   #4 Reply With Quote