Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Troedel

Old March 11th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Hi,

Using two monitors I have a window open with files to add to RW. It´s sometimes (always ) annoying not to be able to drag and drop content into the snippets. If I´m missing something please tell me, otherwise DnD would be a request of mine.

Greetings,

Troedel
Troedel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old March 11th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I have a similar setup... Seems to work just fine for me.

I go to the pdf on the left monitor, select/highlight content and then copy.

Go to center monitor and then cut and paste desired content into target snippet. No actual drag and drop but basically the same thing unless I am misunderstanding your intent.

There is a handy little tool on the right hand side that will allow you to remove all formatting from the pasted text and then reformat as you desire.
Grey Mage is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Troedel

Old March 11th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I do it the same way with text, didn´t try it with pictures. ctrl-c and ctrl-v are your friends. What I meant are actual files like pdfs or pictures.

There should be an option to clear the format in an automatic way as I assume most of use copy/paste from pdfs often so it´s a bit tedious to click 3 times for every copied snippet.

There is another thread about this located here http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48539

Last edited by Troedel; March 11th, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
Troedel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 20th, 2014, 01:04 AM
The typical PDF is an incredibly complicated mess of content. I urge you to take a look at what's actually inside a Paizo Adventure Path PDF sometime.

If you want to copy an entire PDF, you can do so, but you're copying the entire file and keeping it as an entire file. If you want the contents, you'll have to cull that out, since trying to do that programmatically would take a huge amount of work, and I can guarantee you that it would still only get to 80% success.

I suggest using one of the existing tools that simply extracts all the text from a PDF. You can do that and then copy-and-paste large blocks of the text at a time into Realm Works for carving up into snippets via <ctrl+Enter>.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 27th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Depending on how the PDF was created, Rob's 80% might be rather optimistic and you'd probably have to parse it out once it got in anyhow.

I'd rather see LWD spend time on other things.
weogarth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote