Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
OK, you want no selection as a way to turn off the ability.

It sounds like you've already got a "no selection" special made, and you're getting errors once its selected, because it's not a template.
No, sadly the opposite.

My "no selection" Special is working fine, it is just if the user leaves the Class Special screen with the .exe "-No Selection-" and my special not selected, he gets strange behaviour he may not understand and it may not be very obvious that the red ! pointing to the class special screen is the fix.

I can code the no selection fix you just post, but to do so I need to add that if along with the several lines of "turn off this stuff" to 5 Eval Scripts on an object. That is about 30 lines duplicated. It is not the preferred method of solving this problem. I'm sorry I'm having trouble describing it. Let me walk it through again:

1) New Portfolio
2) Add 5 Druid levels
3) Leave the Druid panel "i" (Special Abilities) panel showing Wild Shape at "-No Selection-" instead of setting something.
4) Set race to something with Darkvision
5) Notice Darkvision special is disabled and ponder why?

Fix:
6) Go into Druid tab -> "i" Special Abilities -> Wild Shape -> select "No Form" which is a special that cleans up any problems that could result.
risner is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Why does it need to be in 5 different scripts?

If your first script assigns some tag or changes a variable like Value (if you're not using it for anything else), can you turn the on/off test on the later scripts into one line?

doneif (field[Value].value = 1)
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Why does it need to be in 5 different scripts?
Maybe it doesn't and I'm just confused.

The special selects between things (Templates and one Special) that do different things but all have that User.WSF? tag.

The scripts on the Special perform what is needed to be done to disable everything that came from Wild Shape (including the worker object.) If the special hasn't been chosen yet, then it isn't active (it is unbootstrapped) and only the worker is active.

If I'm going to dual state check, then I need to add the code from the Special to the worker object to shutdown itself and all other objects by foreach-ing over BaseSpec.
risner is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Ok, I have an acceptable solution to the not chosen problem.
Post an error via an Eval Rule if nothing is chosen.
risner is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risner
1) I can't seem to find the timing to modify a Special (in the special tab) and have the change print on the character sheet? (This is blocking me adding the Druid changes to the PHB 3.5 Wild Shape in D20 data set.)
Hmm have you tried the RENDER phase as I remember I had an issue similar and only by going to the RENDER phase did it finally work.
So this is the only issue.
The new HL (exe) will have a better character sheet output, maybe I just wait for that to be released?

The code I have for the community dataset (that I'd hoped to put into v1.3) is going to have to wait. There are two issues related to this that block it:

a) Without a way to modify the CustDesc/xSumm text of a Druid for output to the character sheet, you can't play via a printed (PDF or paper) character.

b) I started to consolidate similar abilities like Death Attack into one special, and used updated CustDesc/xSumm to hand edit the text for the thing using it. These changes are not printed, the printout takes the original text.
risner is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 10th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Since the scripts that generate text for display are very spread out, and haven't been properly consolidated, you'll need to specify exactly where the problems are, because the handling of the same thing could vary from place to place.

As a heads up, I'd rather do the consolidations, then make sure I've caught everything, rather than catching all the current issues, then consolidating, so I'm sorry about this.
Mathias is online now   #16 Reply With Quote
risner

Old February 10th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Since the scripts that generate text for display are very spread out, and haven't been properly consolidated, you'll need to specify exactly where the problems are, because the handling of the same thing could vary from place to place.

As a heads up, I'd rather do the consolidations, then make sure I've caught everything, rather than catching all the current issues, then consolidating, so I'm sorry about this.
I think you are talking about two things in this post:
* The 12 "Racial Skill Bonuses" Specials when v1.2 Community Set installed
* The generated text for display

I'm not aware of any dups in the d20 base data, but there may be some. Most of the things that dup are in the community set, for instance the v1.2 set has the following with 3 or more dups:
3 Fog Cloud
3 Runestaff - {i}Fireball{/i}
3 Runestaff - {i}Shatter{/i}
3 Suggestion
4 Alternate Form
4 Control Weather
4 Natural Spellcasting
10 Spell Like Abilities
12 Racial Skill Bonuses

The display seems to ignore changes made to text when displaying on the printout. For example a 20th level Druid printed character says
Wild Shape (5/day) (Su)
You may turn into an Animal once per day.
All the live changes to xSumm and/or CustDesc are not printed, it simply takes the value in the data set files.
risner is offline   #17 Reply With Quote