Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Azhrei

Old July 16th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
If the trend continues as it has for other apps of this nature, the cost will only go up.
Yep. And unfortunately, I haven't had a raise since 2002, so my own income isn't going up. I'm pretty sensitive to anything that causes my outlays to increase. (I'm self-employed and can only charge what the market will bear. I need to find an income stream that isn't based on selling my time!)
Azhrei is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
urklore

Old July 19th, 2019, 08:34 AM
I just hope they continue with support for Pathfinder 1st edition with Hero Lab classic. I have a list of 20+ bugs and errors they still have yet to fix which I keep submitting every month
urklore is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 21st, 2019, 09:03 AM
Honestly, I can't imagine LW spending money on HL. They {must|probably|should} consider it a dead product. If I were in charge of development, I would. They clearly can't split development teams to both the offline and online products without both suffering...
Azhrei is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 21st, 2019, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Honestly, I can't imagine LW spending money on HL. They {must|probably|should} consider it a dead product. If I were in charge of development, I would. They clearly can't split development teams to both the offline and online products without both suffering...
I'm fairly sure the bugs are in the data set rather than the core program, so fixing data set bugs is by a different team?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
StormNobleheart

Old July 21st, 2019, 12:01 PM
One of the things I wondered about the Hero Lab Online, can I create custom classes, items, races and the like?
StormNobleheart is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 21st, 2019, 12:05 PM
Not yet, except what you can fake with adjustments.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 21st, 2019, 05:57 PM
I'd imagine they will continue to support HL classic.
Fewer people will get into a dead (no new products) game, but some will and can buy bits and pieces of the system.

Third party producers are still making PF 1e products, and some of those offer HL support.

I don't really see them spending a lot of resources on newer things for the system.
I agree with the statement that HLO will be where most of the resources go, with some towards new content for Realm Works as that is generating revenue too.

Lone Wolf is too good of a company to completely abandon it's existing customers.
But it is a business and has to stay afloat.
Ualaa is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old July 21st, 2019, 07:47 PM
I am just disappointed that a lot of companies are going to the subscription service for their product instead of actually selling the program itself. HLO isn't that bad compared to the hundreds of dollars for the Microsoft office products and other stuff they sell, like Power Point and Paint programs.

It is unneeded and does not improve their programs. HLO does have some tech things that a server based platform will benefit the user more so than a word processor or a database. Lonewolf isn't charging an arm and a leg for the service either, but the one time license is a cost that is in addition to that, and I was hoping it would have the price points reevaluated with the influx of money coming in from the server fees in mind. In particular, having the individual books be a bit less than it was for Classic.

I also don't see that this new app has gotten to the point of being an improvement over the classic program.
thaX is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
arsagano

Old August 17th, 2019, 04:24 AM
I know this thread isn't recent, and I'm not a presence around the forums. However, I wanted to chime in here instead of starting a new thread.

I would be extremely sad if PF2e did not end up on HLC. I do not currently see it on HLC, and I haven't read about plans to add it. Is that corrrect?

I might be mistaken, but it appears as though PF2e is HLO only. Is that right? That means I need to pay a monthly/yearly fee for access to HLO then pay again for any content that I desire. Is that right? That would match similar other products pricing models.

I know LW says "nominal" fee in the FAQ, but in the end what I see is a constant cost just to have continued access to something I already paid to have. I have an aversion to that pricing model. Moreover, I mostly use HLC without internet access.

Are there any plans for PF2e on HLC at this point?
arsagano is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 17th, 2019, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsagano View Post
I know this thread isn't recent, and I'm not a presence around the forums. However, I wanted to chime in here instead of starting a new thread.

I would be extremely sad if PF2e did not end up on HLC. I do not currently see it on HLC, and I haven't read about plans to add it. Is that corrrect?

I might be mistaken, but it appears as though PF2e is HLO only. Is that right? That means I need to pay a monthly/yearly fee for access to HLO then pay again for any content that I desire. Is that right? That would match similar other products pricing models.

I know LW says "nominal" fee in the FAQ, but in the end what I see is a constant cost just to have continued access to something I already paid to have. I have an aversion to that pricing model. Moreover, I mostly use HLC without internet access.

Are there any plans for PF2e on HLC at this point?
Have a look in the HLO groups to see all your answers:

http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95

http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #150 Reply With Quote