Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

TheDarkSaint

Old November 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I'm about finished with the consecrated harrier PrC. I could just leave it as it and have people put in the adjustments to the skills and damage bonus from the class special Blessings of Scripture.

But then I had an idea. I looked over at the Barbarian class and realized one could set 'rage' on and off and all the stats would change accordingly.

I thought "TheDarkSaint, that's perfect."

So off into I went digging in the Barbarians Rage powers until I came across the Eval Scripts.

This is way out of my league. I could probably shift numbers and flavor text around, but not enough to actually code in what I want it to do.

Anyone think they could help? I'd like the power to flick on and off and give bonus's to 3 skills as well as a damage bonus. I'll post what the barbarian had if it helps.

If I can make a comparison/contract to the fixes if anyone can do it, I can probably figure out how to do the next one on my own.

~ Available when not lawful - otherwise we don't meet requirements
var result as number
if (hero.tagis[Alignment.Lawful] <> 0) then
result = assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
endif

~ If we're enraged, apply the stat modifiers for that
var level as number
level = field[xTotalLev].value
var attrbonus as number
var savebonus as number
if (level >= 20) then
attrbonus = 8
savebonus = 4
elseif (level >= 11) then
attrbonus = 6
savebonus = 3
else
attrbonus = 4
savebonus = 2
endif
if (field[hIsOn1].value <> 0) then
hero.child[aSTR].field[Bonus].value += attrbonus
hero.child[aCON].field[Bonus].value += attrbonus
#applybonus[BonMorale, hero.child[vWill], savebonus]
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[Penalty].value -= 2
endif

~ Set up our text fields
field[CustDesc].text = "Fly into a rage, giving you +" & attrbonus & " Str, +" & attrbonus & " Con, +" & savebonus & " to Will saves and -2 to Armor Class. Many skills and abilities cannot be used while the character is enraged.{br}{br}Rage lasts for 3 rounds + Con bonus."
if (level < 17) then
field[CustDesc].text = field[CustDesc].text & " At the end of the rage, the barbarian becomes fatigued (-2 Str, -2 Dex, can't charge or run) for the rest of the encounter."
endif
field[xSumm].text = "+" & attrbonus & " Str, +" & attrbonus & " Con, +" & savebonus & " to Will saves, -2 to AC when enraged."

~ If we're exhausted, apply the stat modifiers for that (we don't get
~ exhausted after level 17)
if (level < 17) then
field[hName2].text = "Exhausted"
if (field[hIsOn2].value <> 0) then
hero.child[aSTR].field[Penalty].value = hero.child[aSTR].field[Penalty].value - 2
hero.child[aDEX].field[Penalty].value = hero.child[aDEX].field[Penalty].value - 2
endif
endif

~ We can Rage 1 time per day per 4 partial levels, up to a maximum of 6
~ times per day.
var total as number
total = 1 + (level / 4)
total = round(total, 0, -1)
if (total > 6) then
total = 6
endif
field[hTotal].value += total
field[livename].text = "Rage (" & total & "/day)"
TheDarkSaint is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 20th, 2013, 10:07 AM
In a situation like this, it can be helpful to post what the power is:

Quote:
Blessing of Scripture

All consecrated harriers receive a +2 sacred bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when in pursuit of their church-assigned target. If the assigned target is a group, this bonus applies to the group’s leader. They receive the same bonus on weapon (or unarmed) damage rolls against their targets. This bonus increases to +4 at 5th level, and to +6 at 10th level.
This isn't too complicated, fortunately. There are many scripts throughout the community set that you could pull from to put something like this together. I would probably code it something like this:

Code:
doneif (field[hIsOn1].value = 0)

var bonus as number

bonus = 2

if (field[xTotalLev].value >= 10) then
 bonus = 6
elseif (field[xTotalLev].value >= 5) then
 bonus = 4
endif

hero.child[kBluff].field[BonSacred].value += bonus
~repeat for remaining skills

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep
 eachpick.field[BonSacred].value += bonus
nexteach
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheDarkSaint

Old November 20th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I went to school and learned how to play trombone and teach music. I should have spent a few more hours in the computer lab

You're awesome. Thanks.
TheDarkSaint is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkSaint View Post
I went to school and learned how to play trombone and teach music. I should have spent a few more hours in the computer lab

You're awesome. Thanks.
You're welcome. I haven't tested it though, so make sure it works first.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheDarkSaint

Old November 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I threw the code in and it didn't spit any errors at me, which is a good sign. But, I'm running into the problem that all of my special abilities aren't showing up on the Special tab and the Blessings of Scripture isn't showing up on the "in play" tab. What's the easist way to send you the file so you can poke it with a stick?
TheDarkSaint is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
You can attach it here with the the advanced version of the reply form (click on Go Advanced below) or you can email it to me (my username here at gmail). My guess, though, is that either you aren't bootstrapping them quite right or you forgot to check "Show in Specials" and/or "Show in Charges List".
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 21st, 2013, 09:46 AM
You will have to make sure the ShowInSpecials box is checked (or something similar to that).

I would advise against making this a checkbox for being active, since it really only applies to one target and you would have to keep unchecking the box when the character changes target from his 'assigned target'. It might be better to use this in a similar way to how the Ranger does it, but with the Custom Text option available so you can fill in what the 'assigned target' is that will trigger the bonuses. At least for me, I try to minimize what I add to the in-play options unless it is something that can apply to a wide variety of things, and more specialized abilities (such as Ranger's favored enemy, etc.) are applied as needed by remembering that you have so and so bonuses against so and so opponent. Just my two coppers worth.
Kendall-DM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TheDarkSaint

Old November 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
I'm looking at it from a more DM point of view. I know very few PC's that take this PrC, but it would be GREAT to hunt down a PC with. I'd find it handy to toggle the thing on and off as a player too, leaving it off for most battles that weren't my target and then getting to flick on my power up when it did come into sight.

I'll totally give you 100 copper for rubbing for one electrum.
TheDarkSaint is offline   #8 Reply With Quote