Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheDarkSaint

Old November 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I got the brute force work of the PrC Divine Crusader done. All that is left is it's wonky spell selection.

Basically, the DivCrusader chooses a domain. They can cast spells from that domain only. Effectively, they get to cast one spell per level, so at 10th level Divine Crusader, they have access to 9 spells total.

I'd like to set up a Category so they can select which domain they want and then cast from it like a cleric does with their domain spells.

How do I tell the hero lab editor that the DivneC can only choose spells from it's domain and not a spell list like cleric or paladin? The pull down gives me options for classes and specific domains but not a generic "choose spells if they choose this domain" type heading.

The other smaller problem I have is that the DivneC has an open spell slot at eat level with no spell. I'm assuming the Cha bonus is where that spell goes, but I'm not sure how to make Herolab recognize that. It just wants to delete my 0 and not give a spell level.
TheDarkSaint is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 18th, 2013, 07:49 AM
I think if you give the class a custom ability and allow it to select from Cleric Domains, the spell list will take care of itself. I'm not sure I understand the other problem though. What are these open spell slots?
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheDarkSaint

Old November 18th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Ok, at level 1, it gets 0 1st level spells. At level 2, it gets 1 1st level and 0 2nd level spells.

I'm thinking that the bonus spells from Cha should go where those 0's are, but herolab just says "nope"
TheDarkSaint is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Enter 0.1 if it should get attribute bonuses for that slot.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheDarkSaint

Old November 18th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Perfect. Thanks, Mathias.

Now, if I can just get it to only take spells from a choosable domain, I'll have Divine Crusader finished up, Concencrated Harrier almost ready to go and I'll be ready to flesh out some of those empty domains with spells.
TheDarkSaint is offline   #5 Reply With Quote