Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dpmcalister

Old July 1st, 2022, 01:17 PM
Sorry, been a bit busy recently but here's a quick and dirty first version. If you can let me know if it works for you. You just need to extract the ZIP file to your Hero Lab custom output folder (which is C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\customoutput\5e on my PC). In Hero Lab (once installed) you would just need to select DnD5e.info Custom Output (Simple) from the custom output selection to get this one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dnd5einfo_simple_5e.zip (22.8 KB, 5 views)

DnD5e.info: A fan-created 5th Edition SRD and associated blog/gaming resource.
dpmcalister is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old July 1st, 2022, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmcalister View Post
Sorry, been a bit busy recently but here's a quick and dirty first version. If you can let me know if it works for you. You just need to extract the ZIP file to your Hero Lab custom output folder (which is C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\customoutput\5e on my PC). In Hero Lab (once installed) you would just need to select DnD5e.info Custom Output (Simple) from the custom output selection to get this one.
Absolutely zero need to apologize! I'm on your timetable. Sheet works, and looks great! Thank you so much! One small problem. When I print a character with a familiar, it prints the picture of the familiar overlapping the character's picture in the image shield. Likewise, there's not a really good separation between the familiar's sheet and the bottom of the character sheet. This might be something I can fix quickly and easily by just toggling some "print familiar" configuration, but I'll be darned if I know where that is. I've included a zipped folder with an example character sheet printout in it so you can see what I mean.

Above all, thank you!!!! Volunteering to do this is totally awesome, and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Spectra_Cinder_Dawngate.zip (246.7 KB, 2 views)
temohjyn is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
dpmcalister

Old July 2nd, 2022, 08:25 AM
Thanks. I've fixed that issue (but have had to remove the shield background embellishment to the profile image until I can work out what's wrong with my CSS code). I also need to work on the hp scroll as the right of that cuts off for some reason. Hopefully the attached works for you though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dnd5einfo_simple_5e.zip (7.8 KB, 5 views)

dpmcalister is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old July 2nd, 2022, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Thanks. I've fixed that issue (but have had to remove the shield background embellishment to the profile image until I can work out what's wrong with my CSS code). I also need to work on the hp scroll as the right of that cuts off for some reason. Hopefully the attached works for you though.
Awesome, yeah, that fixed it. Thank you much. I'm still getting weird page breaks but that's most likely due to settings on my end that I can play around with to fix. Really appreciate your willingness to work on this. Thanks again.
temohjyn is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
dpmcalister

Old July 2nd, 2022, 09:06 AM
I've noticed them too but I'm not sure what's causing them as the CSS should be correct.

dpmcalister is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 3rd, 2022, 06:47 PM
Quote:
I'm working on a custom character sheet for 5e but I can't seem to workout how to find some of the XSL values (specifically speed and saving throws). Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find such values? Thanks.
First Step
Develop Menu > Enable Datafile Debugging

Second Step
Right Click the saving throw > Show debug tags
This will show you what component the saves are handled in. They may be part of the attributes or their own component.

Right Click the saving throw > Show debug fields
Use this to figure out which field you want to output on the sheet.

Once you know these, you can study one of the existing sheets to try to figure out how to modify it for the output to show. Be prepared to spend some serious time looking at the sheet output for the 1st page of a sheet. It's not hard to figure out but you do need to invest some time into it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #56 Reply With Quote