Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

greenedr00l

Old September 14th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I'm currently attaching information about various titles to the "Individual" topic for the current title holder (Baron of Xyz, High Priest of Abc, etc.) and using an alias for the title, but it's not easy in some cases to differentiate between information and relationships related to the title vs. the individual. Some examples here would be ownership of locations, membership in groups, and employer/employee relationships which could exist either because of the title or because of something unique to the individual. This is more convoluted for individuals that hold multiple titles. I've played around a bit with adding the titles as "Concept" topics which is great for isolating snippets regarding things like how the title is passed on, but it makes the relationships much harder to manage. It seems like having information related to the title separated would be very nice especially when transitioning a title to another npc or player, but there doesn't seem like a great way to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they've done for this type of content? Is this an area where we might see more features in the future?
greenedr00l is offline   #1
Farling

Old September 15th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Have you tried using a Tag to represent the title?
Farling is offline   #2
greenedr00l

Old September 15th, 2013, 05:46 AM
No, but I don't think there's a way to attach a tag to a relationship that I've seen. Maybe I'm missing something?
greenedr00l is offline   #3
Farling

Old September 15th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I was thinking that the title could be a tag, rather than the relationship, but that only works for "Lord" not "Lord of X".

Lord of X would better be handled through relationships.
Farling is offline   #4
Silveras

Old September 15th, 2013, 09:10 AM
It sounds like what you may want is a custom Category for "Noble Position". If the hierarchy is static while the people who hold the offices can change, having them as separate Topics with Master/Minion (or similar) relationships denoting the ranks might be ideal. A snippet on the topic for "Current Holder of Position" with the name of the Individual would provide linking from the title to the holder; and a snippet on the Individual could point back to the other way.

Whether that is worth doing or not is up to you, of course.
Silveras is offline   #5
greenedr00l

Old September 15th, 2013, 09:40 AM
I've been playing around this morning with a custom category for this and it seems to do quite a bit of what I'm after. Thanks for the input!
greenedr00l is offline   #6