Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Silverwind

Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
I just updated my Hero Lad to the Pathfinder Role-Playing Game for iPad v7.17 and I get a error when trying to load a character. When I try to open any character I get an Errors Encountered window that says:

File: PFRPG_The_Modern_Path_MSRD.user (line 3663) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('fRenown')

This will cause a bit of a problem since my wife and I are playing tomorrow morning. Is anyone else having this problem?
Silverwind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silverwind

Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwind View Post
I just updated my Hero Lad to the Pathfinder Role-Playing Game for iPad v7.17 and I get a error when trying to load a character. When I try to open any character I get an Errors Encountered window that says:

File: PFRPG_The_Modern_Path_MSRD.user (line 3663) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('fRenown')

This will cause a bit of a problem since my wife and I are playing tomorrow morning. Is anyone else having this problem?
And a quick update. I managed to solve the issue by removing Hero Lab from the iPad and re-installing it from Apple. Then did the updates and re-loaded the characters. Not sure what caused the problem, but at least there is a fix for it.
Silverwind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tasha

Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwind View Post
And a quick update. I managed to solve the issue by removing Hero Lab from the iPad and re-installing it from Apple. Then did the updates and re-loaded the characters. Not sure what caused the problem, but at least there is a fix for it.
BTW I had the problem today but I didn't notice till I was at the game with no way to open the character sheet and no other character sheet.

I wish that the program was more forgiving of errors. Also it would be nice to include a mechanism within the program to delete or better yet disable errant data files that are causing issues with loads.

This is the second time that I have had issues with the reader not opening up characters. The last time was after updating the program and core pathfinder data. It wouldn't open up any characters. Thankfully that happened before I left for my game and I was able to upload updated versions of characters.
Tasha is offline   #3 Reply With Quote