Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Seregil

Old December 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I just made this this afternoon. A bit rough, but it should help new people who are less familiar with the tool.

UPDATE: I have updated the videos to get rid of the annoying hum. I also shortened the demon down to three videos.

Last edited by Seregil; December 19th, 2014 at 04:18 PM.
Seregil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dredemer

Old December 15th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks Seregil. There was some good information in there. I purchased RW last week and yesterday was just thinking about how to use plots. It was the next area for me to investigate and your tutorial gave me some solid direction.

Regards.
Dredemer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dredemer

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Thanks Seregil, I found this helpful.

Regards,

Dredemer
Dredemer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Seregil

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:35 AM
No problem, it was my pleasure. I have to redo them after Christmas with a better microphone to lessen the humming in the background.
Seregil is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 18th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Nicely organized and easy to follow along. I like your pacing.

I've been entering module material so I'm actually starting with the Storyline and Scene structure then building the plot by linking those together on the Storyboard. It was nice to see your approach for brainstorming new plotlines using the Storyboard rather than my current "build the pieces and then link them together" approach.

Your linking of plots to subplots and back again was very nice. I've been building all the subplots but wasn't reconnecting them back into the big picture to create one storyline for all navigation. I'm betting that was in the manual that I didn't read....
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dredemer

Old December 18th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Sorry for the double post. My first one, was my initial post on the forum and it needed moderator approval...it took several days for it to show up.....thanks.
Dredemer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 19th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
*snip*I'm betting that was in the manual that I didn't read.... *snip*
You too?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Seregil

Old December 19th, 2014, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
You too?
Actually, I didn't read it either. I'm in IT, we only read manuals in dire, life threatening emergencies.
Seregil is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 19th, 2014, 04:24 AM
But you DO read the forums. That's the same as reading the manual...

You read here about features that were described in the manual. It just takes longer to get the information you want this way, and you don't get it as completely as you would if you simply read the manual. You know, the thing we spent lots of time and effort on so that your lives would be easier? :P

Alright, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted and this is quite frustrating right now... <sigh>
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old December 19th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Don't despair, Rob. Please.

I promise that I'll read the manual tonight. Cover to cover. I might even print it out for easy reference.

It's the bane of all documentation: odds are that nobody reads it, even as a primary source.

That doesn't mean it's not worthwhile to have. Just that users are lazy and often stupid.

Please don't get frustrated with us, we're just being typical users.
Chemlak is offline   #10 Reply With Quote