Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

akubrusly

Old May 20th, 2014, 05:54 AM
+1 my realm will not used the default calendar.
akubrusly is offline   #71 Reply With Quote
Mirrorscape

Old May 21st, 2014, 11:12 AM
+1 to all this.
Also I wonder if it could be possible to enter less precise dates. By that I mean, if the players only know that a certain thing happened a certain year but not the exact day (or if I just haven't decided the exact date&time yet) I would like to be able to just enter a year, or a year and a month, etc. etc.
Mirrorscape is offline   #72 Reply With Quote
shamavir

Old May 21st, 2014, 05:13 PM
+1 from me as well. I've got all kinds of opinions & desires re arbitrary custom calendar creation, but they mesh with many of the others who have written here so I guess I needn't repeat them. The ability to dynamically swap between calendars so that date links can be expressed in terms of multiple different custom calendars from different in-game cultures is glorious and huge. Hurrah in advance --
shamavir is offline   #73 Reply With Quote
King_Kull

Old May 22nd, 2014, 01:13 AM
+1!!!

The calendar is a very important feature to bilud my campaign and therefore I have a question:
Is there an estimation when this feature will become available?
Thanks ahead.
King_Kull is offline   #74 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old May 22nd, 2014, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorscape View Post
Also I wonder if it could be possible to enter less precise dates. By that I mean, if the players only know that a certain thing happened a certain year but not the exact day (or if I just haven't decided the exact date&time yet) I would like to be able to just enter a year, or a year and a month, etc. etc.
I've been hoping something like this could be added as well. It probably depends on whether the calendar structure allows for some sort of null values. I don't know if it should have its own thread or not, but a big +1 here.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #75 Reply With Quote
ShiningWhite

Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:08 PM
we really need a custom calendar feature. i think for most of us this is essential for using realm works.
ShiningWhite is offline   #76 Reply With Quote
cheechako

Old May 23rd, 2014, 11:24 AM
Came to the forums to ask about the calendar, and found this thread. So, +1 for custom calendars. Doesn't that go without saying in a program called Realm Works, though? As complex as it might be, it seems this should be as important as tracking secret organizations or political borders in the types of realms we all like.

However, in skimming this thread, I don't see this question raised or answered. Is the complexity of all this also related to having a timeline generated? Right now, we have the reveal timeline, which is based on real-world dates of game play, as it should be.

However, typical of any realm with a history, there is also the realm's timeline.

At a glance, this might seem simple. Attach a date of birth to a person, and it will show up. However, we also need to consider famous moments within that person's life. If the Dude survived the Battle of Nothing in LY 123, we need a snippet of information on the person that can be revealed to players and then show up in a historical timeline for the realm.
cheechako is offline   #77 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 24th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Platypus View Post
Custom Calendar for me as well. Putting in recurring events and with months of varying lengths.

Possible feature to add would be multiple calendars side by side. For example I wouldn't mind being able to have a seasonal/celestial calendar to mark the movements of planets and mark seasons on top of a normal calendar that might not always coincide with said seasons. Or to have different calendars for different nations/continents/planes/planets.
Definate +1 For the seasonal and celestial calennders! Another cool idea that would be linked to the calender would be tracking celestial bodies for a given world. Something that might tell me when there is an eclipse, the planets are in alignment or what's the current lunar phase (for world shaking events). This could be tracked simply by the user indicating the cycle of such events.

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #78 Reply With Quote
EdtheDM

Old May 24th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I know LW has had some personnel issues and there are issues with developing the calendar module. I know they're aware of the interest in this functionality based on the number of comments on this thread.

I'd be happy with a calendar module for Golarion that could be updated later even if it's just the days of week, calendar and roll of years; later functionality could be made available through upgrades.

It's hard to put all this information into a campaign world in RW when you can't use any of the functionality associated with timekeeping or calendars because it won't port over when the calendar upgrade is released.

I reiterate that I am aware there are events out of the control of LWD and I know they're trying to release a good product so I don't want this to be construed as taking shots at the company, it's just a long winded version of my two cents.
EdtheDM is offline   #79 Reply With Quote
jbagnoli

Old May 26th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I just purchased Realm Works today. I would have done so a while ago but custom calendar functionality is pretty important. The free campaign software I currently use has this but RW is superior in pretty much all other ways so I decided to make the plunge. Personally, I wouldn't need a calendar down to the second. I just would like days and months, preferably where the days could be tracked and have notes (like weather conditions).

Thanks,

John
jbagnoli is offline   #80 Reply With Quote